Random pauses in car ...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by RockRock, Mar 3, 2010.

1. RockRock

RockRock New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I've been searching the net for a while and haven't found anyone else with my exact problem, including after a search through these forums.

I just got my first iPod touch 3g (new to iPod completely). I plugged it into my fm transmitter, which is also new, and when I set the iPod down and drive, the music makes a little noise through my car speakers at random and frequent times, iPod volume control pops up on the screen and pauses the music. It continues this even after the music is already paused. When I hold the iPod all set up in my car, it works and plays music just fine.

I'm not sure if it's the touch or if it's me. I turned the shake shuffle off to rule that kind of thing out. Can any of you iPod experts shed some light on this?

By the way, hello. I'm new to the site, so nice to meet ya.
  2. probe1957

probe1957 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I suspect a connection problem between your FM transmitter and your iPod. IOW, if it is working properly, the music will pause when you disconnect it from the transmitter. I am reasonably certain that is the case. My wife has a transmitter in her car and I am pretty sure that's how it works...turn off the power or disconnect the ipod and the music pauses.
  3. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yup, thats exactly whats wrong.. Happend with my Old dock. If the transmitter is brandnew, then take it back and say its faulty.
  4. RockRock

RockRock New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I tried it a few times more and I think you're right. At first, the connection seemed pretty firm because it physically stays in there pretty well, but it jiggles slightly enough and matched up with the pausing.

Thanks for the replies! Since we're on the FM transmitter topic, does anyone want to recommend a good one that works well with the 3g touch?