Random Ideas For Future Apple Products

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by jimbeam, Mar 5, 2010.

1. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    It's Friday and I'm slacking off at work as usual. My office is kind of isolated so I've been lost in my own brain for the last few hours (Scary!) with no real motivation to be productive today. I just read the iPad was set for release soon and I started thinking about what apple could do next.

Apple TV the size of an iphone and plays games!

The current AppleTV is stupid. It's expensive and doesn't do much. You could build or buy something else that does way more and better for less. How about take the guts of a 3GS or apples next iPhone? Remove the screen add the same HDD used in the iPod classic or keep it flash whatever, add HDMI or mini display. Now add a controller and you have a super small, super capable Wii competitor! That does Movies, Music, TV shows and Games! I have all the little details like controls and UI trapped in my brain, but I'm Done work in 10 minutes sooo you get the idea of how it works.

TV, Movie, Music and Games subscriptions. Individual or an All in deal. I'm thinking $30 a month each or $100 for the lot. Apple could own it all in short time, with a cheap do it all apple TV. Plus it all works on the other apple sh*t...

Rainbow shooting taco bagels! Taco's stuffed with bagels that shoot rainbows!

Okay its friday and I'm done in 5...4.....3...2.........
  2. Yerffej

Yerffej New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I don't think Apple can compete very well in the game market. Yeah the ipod touch has games, but I find myself picking up a 360 controller or a DS more then I do my ipod.
  3. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I doubt Apple would want to enter the gaming market properly considering how much money Microsoft lost to get going, that and they would want to charge at least £1000 for the console.
  4. PriteSprite

PriteSprite Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Why would they charge all that? I mean, they do have 15 billion dollars. They could create a cheap but capable console with all that money.
  5. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    apple products are a bit on the pricey side. ALWAYS. never expect to see an apple product under 100 dollars. or maybe even 250. MAYBE.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    And I'm home! With 20 minutes to kill before my weekend really kicks off. Out for some good food and then checking out the new bar.

But yea. I think Apple could compete and keep the price of entry in line with the Wii. Even entry for development could be cheap and easy if they follow the same model as the iDevices. They are already making head way in gaming with the iPod touch and soon the iPad. Apple is finally seeing how lucrative gaming can be. Even developers are starting to look at apple differently and seeing a chance to cash in. Even steam is coming finally. Apple could and should capitalize on it with its own system.

No one expected the iPod touch compete with the DS and PSP, but it is giving them a run for the money and they are scrambling to keep their products on top. Apple could easily do the same for console gaming.
  7. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm not saying Apple couldn't make a cheap console, but they wouldn't, look at all their other products theres not one product that's cheap compared to their competitors.
  8. Yerffej

Yerffej New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    If iControlpad ever gets their product rolling, I may get one of those, thats if it works with a 1g ipod touch.
  9. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  10. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Apple should get into cooking.

iMuffin

Dev-Teams food break?

chocolatemuff1n