Random hangs

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by lfmasieri, Nov 8, 2007.

1. lfmasieri

lfmasieri New Member

Hello.. I mhaving some trouble with my iTouch... I'm listeniogn to music and then open safaro or wahtever else and it will crash.. i'm ooking at emails and when I click on refresh it will crash, im changing the clock and start music and it will crash!!!!!! Someone knows? I thgink it was the last Installer Update, cause before this wasnt happening and now its happening randomly (not always, but a lot)... I redo all my itouch all over again and still having the same trouble.. does anyone knows what is the cause? and how to solve it?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks in advance,
    Luis
  2. shiva86

shiva86 New Member

I'm having a similar problem, when i'm "multitasking", sometimes one (or both) of the apps im using crashes, and then all apps crass when I open them until I reboot the iPod or restart the springboard from smbprefs...
  3. lfmasieri

lfmasieri New Member

Yeap.. Thats the exact same problem I'm having... does anyone come up with a solution? or a cause for this?
  4. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    When you press the home button to launch another app, sometimes it helps if you hold the button for at least 5 seconds so that it can properly close entirely otherwise it will still take more system resources as if it were still running.
  5. Illsley

Illsley New Member

But not closing the apps completely shouldnt hang the ipod.
    I have the same problem now. JBroke 1.1.2, have worked perfectly until today, it has crashed 3 times, never chrashed before today....hmmm. Something isnt right here...
  6. haze0000

haze0000 New Member

Same problem here.
  7. ew1075

ew1075 New Member

I'm having the same problem. Usually, it closes 3 programs on me, then restarts itself. After that its fine for a while. I find that if I reset springboard after the first app crashes, it prevents the restart. That's the only solution I have for the time being.
  8. pnasca

pnasca New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    same with me. my music will be open then crash 3 times or soo then it willgive me the wheel and it will load. and i will slide to unlock then ieverything will be fine for a little bit.
  9. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The best way to determine why you have random hangs is to figure out what applications you all have in common. I think we can pretty much agree that for the most part (I'm not saying 100%) that without a jailbreak, there are fewer hangs/restarts. So most likely something installed is causing the problems...

I'm not having any hangs myself - but I also haven't installed Summerboard (which many people seem to) and I'm not using any themes (although I have rearranged my icons with Customize). If you guys want to figure this out, start posting your list of apps/hacks so that maybe you can track down the commonalities...
  10. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    hmmm i dont have this problem im im typing this in safari, listening to music with gba emu minimized aka icon indicating so in taskbar also have isolitaire in the background with a saved game and downloading a couple mb file from the installer couple minutes ago it finished just now and i have mailapp in the background with the pushemail app loaded with it and my ipod hasnt crashed i havnt rebooted it in a good while i got 61mb free memory for more apps and everything to load everything is running smooth no lag.

A suggestion that has helped many people i the only appn the past and me aswell is to uninstall summerboard. i still use it, the only app that crashes for me is apollo but i dont use it i use meebo use to use jivetalk but its too slow.

hope u guys can find a solution to your prob try my suggestion and see if that works