ramdisk on 2.0.1

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Gi-lo, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Gi-lo

Gi-lo Member

I used the ramdisk taht was created by older verions of pwnage tool i foun it handy becouse so i can add custom apss like ragingthunder(yes i was on 1.1.4) but know pwnaage tool doesnt display the ramdisk i need.It is colled liddle and bigbear.Do you unstand what im talking about?My english is bad i know^^

ok my questin is how can iget this ramdisk for 2.0.1^^????
  2. Gi-lo

Gi-lo Member

dont understand?
  3. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The ramdisk is located in your temp folder usually, but you can easily just merge tarballs into the ramdisk.
    The tarballs have to use absolute paths.
    For example, if you wanted to create a tarball of an application that is currently on your iPod, you'd do the following:
    Code:
    cd / && tar cfz ./Applications/TheApp.app TheApp.tar.gz
    SCP the resulting tarball (located in /) back onto your computer, then move it to your QuickPwn directory.
    To merge it, open up a command prompt, change to QuickPwn's directory, and execute the following:
    Code:
    quickpwn <original.ipsw> <n45ap|m68ap|n82ap> [-b logo.png] [-r recovery.png] [anybundles.tar.gz] TheApp.tar.gz

I assume that, since you asked this question, you already know how to correctly replace "original" with your correct firmware and that you also know what model number goes with what device (hint: iPod touch, iPhone, iPhone 3G).
    Anything in square brackets is optional, while anything enclosed in greater/less than signs is necessary, and pipes are used to designate "or", since you should only choose one device.
  4. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Wow.

Sorry, I just had to. Wow. I know that's probably child's play or a lot more simple than I think if I read it in depth, but looking at it from afar, I'm bewildered.
  5. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It's not complicated, you're just creating a tarball of an application (or anything really, I made one to "neuter" the Apple kill switch out automatically. It just creates a filesystem within the ramdisk, then syncs that filesystem to disk0s1 or 2, so you can really replace anything).
    The QuickPwn syntax may look a bit intimidating, but it's really simple, there are just lots variables to account for.
  6. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

After a minute of reading, I get it now

Please Register or Log in to view images

At first it looked like a jumble of letters.
  7. Gi-lo

Gi-lo Member

im on mac i havnt quickpwn^^
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i dontwant to craete bundles iwant yust a dycrpt 2.0.1 where ican put manually apps like tune wiki i also will replace the host in etc...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    its all ok i fix it thanks you^^
  8. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, Pwnage 2 doesn't use a ramdisk, only QuickPwn does.
    If you want to simply add applications to your .ipsw, you can mount your custom one or simply add it as a custom package.
  9. Gi-lo

Gi-lo Member

pwnage tool creates the ramdisk^^

yust located in a special folder^^

all my custom packages have the wrong permissions^^
    so i add it directly to the ramdisk and it worked i also mount the capacity off te ramdisk to 1gb that means i can add a lot^^
  10. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Pwnage 2 doesn't use a ramdisk to deliver payloads, so you're obviously talking about the file system disk image.
    The exploit lies within a malformed iBoot which allows for flashing of custom firmware.

And you can't even create a ramdisk that big, the device wouldn't even accept it.
    Plus, storing a 1GB payload in a file that deteriorates as it's being used is just stupid.