Raging Thunder - online multiplayer on the way

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by tommy@polarbit.com, Nov 13, 2008.

1. tommy@polarbit.com

tommy@polarbit.com New Member

Hi all,

We just wanted to let you know that we’ve submitted an update (1.0.3) of Raging Thunder to the AppStore which includes <drumroll> online, real-time, Internet multiplayer. I *think* this is a first for an iPhone / iPod Touch title.

We’ve received *a lot* of e-mail from gamers about Raging Thunder - the majority of it very positive. The one feature that people seem to have missed is online multiplayer. Nice guys that we are, we’ve taken these words to heart and included it in the latest update at no extra cost. Remember though that this first release is a public beta. There might be issues still in there, and we’d really appreciate if you report these to beta@polarbit.com

So, what are you waiting for? This is what we need you to do:

Download our free PC server software from www.polarbit.com/beta, read the instructions and run it, if you want to host your own game server.

You *do* want to run your own game server don’t you?

Remember: the more people that host servers, the more servers there are for people to choose from, and the more people will hang around looking for someone to play against! For this thing to work, it kinda hinges on you guys actually getting some servers up out there around the globe. It would be really cool to see a fat server list already there once the game goes live in a few days. We’d also recommend you to include the name of your country or something in your server name – instructions to configure are enclosed with the server package.

Then, update the game from the AppStore, or buy it if you haven’t yet. Make sure you get the 1.0.3 (or later) version! If it isn't available straight away, don't despair - it's on its way through the system and will appear shortly (usually it takes a couple of days). Internet MP will not work on the 1.02 or 1.0.1.

Run the game, tap Start / Multiplayer / Internet and pick a server! Starting a new game and gameroom once you’ve logged in to a server works pretty much exactly like it does with local network games.

I hope you’ll all enjoy it, and I look forward to kicking all your asses in MP games real soon (I’ll be the guy in front of you in the black car).

Cheers,

Tommy
    Polarbit
  2. mitcharr

mitcharr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    for a game like this that is pretty awesome
  3. br1anc

br1anc New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    awesome. and no bull, Raging Thunder is one of the best games on the AppStore. this update makes it that much better! good job and thanks
  4. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

good job
    can't wait
    thanx
  5. tommy@polarbit.com

tommy@polarbit.com New Member

We hope you'll like it!

Meanwhile, if you have a PC with an Internet connection running 24/7 or at least most of the time, you might wanna consider DL:ing and hosting a game server! (www.polarbit.com/beta)

If you run your own server, it'll be close by, and you'll be guaranteed a good connection. Right now there are a couple of servers live in Europe - I'd love to see some US servers go live as well, before the game hits the street.

Cheers,

Tommy
  6. deenybird

deenybird New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I agree! Fantastic addition!
    Online multiplayer is the way of the future. Congrats on being on the cutting edge!
  7. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

LOL I'm gonna kick your ass in MP XD
  8. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Aha.
    Brilliant. First real time (Apart from TTR and Galcon)

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This is very cool, and as soon as I get my iPod touch back I am going to check this out

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. touchfan092

touchfan092 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    awesome! i'll have to get this game next time i get iTunes money.