Raging Thunder - Could the iPhone Rival Major Gaming Consoles?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by razorianfly, Oct 13, 2008.

1. razorianfly

razorianfly New Member

Hey Guys/Gals,

I thought you may be interested in this. I've had Raging Thunder for quite a while now, I'd say pretty much from it launching onto the store. I got round to reviewing it yesterday and have to say, I've noticed something very interesting in doing so.

The iPhone and touch platform may just have rivaling gaming capabilities to some of the biggest named hand-held consoles on the market today.

As a result, gaming manufacturers may stop looking at the iPhone as a phone - for 'mobile' gaming development, and actually take it as being a full-blown console to go up against the the likes of Sony's PSP or Nintendo's DS.

/Thoughts?

Read the review

R-Fly
  2. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Raging Thunder Sucks

Asphalt 4 > Raging Thunder

Asphalt 4 has more than 4 vehicles, more than 3 three of the same missions, like 13 maps, tune ups for your cars, and girls that give it a boost.
  3. dominator77

dominator77 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah i have to agree aspahalt 4 is 100 time better than racing thunder, aspahalt 4 on iphone is also 100 time better of all aspahalt relased (mobile, ds, psp, and ps2)
  4. razorianfly

razorianfly New Member

I wasn't really analyzing the game, but the fact that iPhone the touch platform in general is becoming so strong for gaming, it's bringing with it a new class of mobile gaming (for example Raging Thunder, Asphalt, GTS World Racing), and with it it's bringing the possibility of the iPhone rivaling big-name hand-helds further down the line, if not currently.
  5. nclaxmiddy11

nclaxmiddy11 Active Member

Agreed. Now look at EA's Need For Speed they are making.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkSs5i-hQig

Some say it looks better than PSP graphics making it real competition.
  6. Atl

Atl New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I just don't think it's possible. Although I haven't played any of the above games. I still am skeptical of just how much power this thing has.

I remember playing pokemon on 1.1.4 and it was very laggy. And pokemon isn't exactly graphics.
  7. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No, you probably played an EARLY EARLY EARLY version of GpsPhone, because these 3D Games are amazingly fast. Almost No Lag Throught the enitre game!
  8. giannaros

giannaros New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    !!!!!!! NFS is epic!! Awesome graphics, awesome gameplay!!! iPhone is the best game console /*

Please Register or Log in to view images

*/
  9. berky93

berky93 New Member

I definitely have to agree. the iphone has already proven itself as a great mobile gaming platform, and with its multi-touch and accelerometer capabilities it has the potential to play games unheard of on the ds or psp. Its already surpassed some console games.
  10. Simondude56

Simondude56 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That's cause Pokemon wasn't intended for the iPhone/Pod. It was just a clean rip from the regular Gameboy versions. EA games is really advancing onto the iPod/Phone platforms. NFS and Monopoly look crazily detailed, much more detailed than Pokemon.