Radius Atomic Bass Earphone Review

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by rmc08, Jun 2, 2009.

1. rmc08

rmc08 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    responses

I promised you guys a review, so here it is, and remember to enjoy!

Radius Atomic Bass Earphones

Please Register or Log in to view images

Shiny, eh? Well, that’s what I thought the second the box came in the mail. The box is made of cardboard but there’s really nothing too bad about that. Most headphones do come in a higher quality box, but this is a review of the earphones right?

Anyway, the second I opened the box, I could see the 2 earphones inside of the plastic mold.

They feel like very high quality earphones when held. You can tell it’s good quality aluminum. They even click when they hit each other

. The audio cable that plugs into the microphone jack is also extremely durable. It is made of the same aluminum the earphones use, and isn’t rubbery like most earphones.

Now, for the actual fitting of the headphones. The rubber tips it comes with are very, very small. It only comes with 2 sizes of rubber tips for the earphones, small and large. Large worked for me, and they fit pretty well. They isolate noise extremely well, and I can’t hear any outside noises. But, I have noticed that the left earphone is sometimes hard to fir correctly in the ear, and the sound seeps in. Once you move it around enough, it fits perfectly.

I plugged them into my iPod, switched on some Daft Punk - One More Time (for those of you who don’t know who Daft Punk is, they’re a band with super heavy bass). And to my surprise, the bass was PUMPING. WOW. I’ve never heard any bass more phenomenal than this. My VMODA Bass Freq headphones had some bass, but not anywhere as close as these. Although the bass is pumpin’, it can drown out sound. The voice at times, depending on which song, can be a little hard to hear; but it doesn’t mean I don’t like them. These are probably my most favorite earphones I’ve used so far.

I knew that the electronic songs were quite nice with the bass, but how would my alternative songs sound with these? I started to play various Sum 41 songs, because they’re the definition of alternative in my opinion. Fat Lip sounded normal, but the bass on the drums were more noticable. Voice, like I said before, was a little bit drowned, but I could still hear the lyrics crisp and clear.

Now, let’s see how they stand up to gaming! I played Resident Evil 4 on Windows XP with the earphones, and the gunshots sound a lot more real with bass, along with explosions of barrels. But, it does not have high quality sound… What DOES have high quality sound is Crysis and Call of Duty: World At War. Those games sound phenomenal, especially Crysis. It has very good sound quality, and the sounds coudn’t be better. These headphones give the game a more realistic feel than just speakers. If they’re 7.1 surround speakers, then that’s a different story… The music in-game stands out very much, and makes it a much more enjoyable experience with these earphones.

Lastly, the microphone. I could not review it, since I have an iPod Touch 1G, But I will ask a friend to borrow his iPhone and review it A.S.A.P! By the way if you want to see what it looks like, here’s a picture. Just click it down to speak if you get a phone call while listening to music. No need to take the phone out!

You may be using those Apple Earphones, but you really don’t know what you’re doing, since you probably haven’t heard other earphones, or more importantly these earphones. Apple Earphones completely lack in bass, while the Radius Atomic Bass Earphones are 10 steps above Apple’s Earphones. Comparing these to some VMODA, Apple, Sennheiser, and Bose earphones, I think these just blow those into another dimension. These are a great price of $40-$50 (some others can be well over $100!), high-quality build, have super-intense bass, and are great for those bass intensive songs. They’re even great for playing video games! If you don’t like bass very much and just like the acoustics or lyrics, then stick with other earphones, but I love bass, so I think these are possibly the greatest earphones I’ve ever used. Do you think I’m lying? Well, see yourself, and buy a pair!
  2. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    My fault >.< Nevermind, good review but I suggest you to resize your images. Way way too big.
  3. P0150N0U5 F15)-(

P0150N0U5 F15)-( Banned

Nice review, but be careful of paraphrasing

4. EBOBO

EBOBO New Member

56K beware!

Nice review.

I'll consider these.
  5. rileyman

rileyman Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    LOL sum 41?!?! ahahahahahah sooo gay..
  6. aznballer937

aznballer937 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    what is the theme or whatever u used for ur mobilemusicplayer mod? looks cool.
  7. KeneticSight

KeneticSight New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Nice review....... i just got some Skull candy ones so i wont need to buy these for awhile

P.S. i dont think the pictures are to big lets me look at them better

8. rmc08

rmc08 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Part of the BlackBerry Storm Theme

9. div^

div^ New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Hmm you are kinda talking on cross purposes - First of all you say the voices are a little bit drowned and then you say you can hear the lyrics crisp and clear ? ...

Also out of your review I would say there is too much bass on the phones - uncontrolled bass
  10. rmc08

rmc08 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    The lyrics are crisp, but some songs will not be depending how much bass is in it...