Radio Remote in iPod touch...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dutecnic, Dec 27, 2007.

1. dutecnic

dutecnic New Member

Greetings from Brazil. I just got ta ouch and plugged my Radio Remote that I use in my "old" iPod nano. The very first time I plugged it, all remote functions - rw/fw, vulume control, play/pause worked 100% (except the Radio option, of course). Then, after let's say 30 seconds / 1 minute, the iPod showed the banner saying that the accessory is not supported bla-bla-bla. Now nothing works at all, even the volume control! I was wondering you have had this experience. I saw the post regarding accessories' compatibility and there it says that at least the volume control should work (this would help). So the questions are: do you know why it worked 100% for some seconds? How to have it working back (at least the volume option)? I'm using a jailbroken 1.1.2. Thanks.
  2. Osaminha

Osaminha New Member

Yeah... I had the same problem..... sorry but I don't know why things like that happens… it worked for a while then.... DEAD..

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

.. Does anyone know why this happened for me or our Brazilian colleague ??

tks

[ ]s
    Osaminha
  3. Azdeadwood

Azdeadwood New Member

Everyone with a Touch that has old ipod products is getting F***'ed by Apple. The Touch has a special code built into it that requires it to look for a chip that Apple added to its new "Universal" Dock. Bottom line - no chip and the Touch won't recognize it. It also means you have to pay $50 for the new "Universal" Dock AND if you want video out or component out you have to spend $50 for a cable.

This problem goes along with the other 2 problems I have with Apple. The second is the fact that Apple won't let us add the programs we want. I resent having to Jailbreak the Touch. Finally Apple also set it up so that the only way to add music and video to you Touch is with iTunes. If you try to add music any other way, the PC can't recognize the touch.

I spent $400+ to get this device and Apple treats me like they still own it. I spent the money just for the "privilege" of getting screwed by them and their crippleware.
  4. dutecnic

dutecnic New Member

It's $ 50 for the ones that have Apple store in your home city. For us in Brazil, it's almost impossible to have them ... we spent lots of money when we want something here. But does anyone know why it worked for a couple of seconds?
  5. Azdeadwood

Azdeadwood New Member

It connected initially with your dock and worked just long enough to search for the chip then it shut down after it didn't find the chip.

The same thing happened to me a couple of months ago. That is why I know about it. I search everywhere for a solution and there isn't one.
  6. dutecnic

dutecnic New Member

Tks my friend. If I come to a solution, I'll post it.