radio on ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jinjin12, Oct 23, 2010.

1. jinjin12

jinjin12 Active Member

does the ipod touch have built in radio'? can i play radio without using wifi and programs like pandora b/c i really don't want to install them and would also like to listen to radio w/out wifi.

thanks!
  2. Swift

Swift Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    No, it does not .
  3. Eclipse

Eclipse Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    No, you can only play radio if you have wifi access and download an app for it.
  4. jinjin12

jinjin12 Active Member

it does have built in bluetooth right? tell me it does lol....aso does the iphone 4 have built in radio?
  5. GuilleiPod

GuilleiPod New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yes, it has Bluetooth and the iPhone 4 don't have built-in radio.
  6. ntvnat

ntvnat Guest

Typical Apple fail

It's pathetic it's end-2010 and the iPod still lacks the most basic thing like an FM tuner... for some bizarre and probably stupid Steve Jobs reason. You'll remember it wasn't until June 2010's iPhone 4 that the back camera got an LED flash to further the point.

The Zune HD has FM tuner, it has wireless syncing, it has HDMI (IIRC), yet in severaly YEARS, Steve may or may not finally get around to adding things available in generic MP3 players for years and the world will "ooh" and "aah" and Apple will market it as a world's first and continue to rewrite history.

I know you some will say "go by a Zune HD then", but I don't want one. I want an iPod Touch 4th gen w/ one.
  7. TchnclFl

TchnclFl New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I agree. Steve Jobs tends to HATE what he sees as "old technology", and FM radio is definitely pretty old! True, it is being phased out by satellite radio, but that's no real excuse. It would cost a few bucks to install a good FM tuner in there, but no, they have to be stubborn.
  8. shamrock

shamrock Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    W8 all the idevices have fm radio built in,but not yet enabled by apple. For example, nobody at the time new the ipt2g had Bluetooth... Ifixit's teardown revealed that advices DO have fm radio receivers and transmitters, but not usable yet
  9. guy123456

guy123456 Member

SSOOOOO who wants to spent the rest of this year looking for the .plist file to enable it??
  10. Yoloni

Yoloni Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I wonder why they had the radio in the iPod Nano, but not the touch. It's just weird.

It's too bad you can't use the Radio FM remote by apple either. I used to use it from my iPod video, but now I can't use it with my touch.