radio on ipod touch first gen

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ringo360, Jul 5, 2009.

1. ringo360

ringo360 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i just got an ipod touch first generation 16 gb and i am wondering if there is a way i can listen to the radio, i do not want to play my music through the radio in my car i want to tune into my local radio station. how would i do that, i dont know what to do please help

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You may be able to pick up the station you want from an Internet stream via the AOL Radio application.

Unfortunately, you are out of luck if you want to listen to the real radio, because Apple's Radio Remote (if it hasn't been discontinued) does not work for the iPod touch.
  3. ringo360

ringo360 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ok, can i expect to see an app or somthing to be released so i can pick up local stations somtime in the future?
  4. PieOPah

PieOPah Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I used Wunder Radio to play the stations I wanted to listen to. Cost £3.99 (whatever that is is $)

I only tried BBC stations, but I am sure you could get any as long as there is an internet stream.

You would need to be connected to WiFi to listen though (obviously) since you are using a iPod Touch.
  5. green_link

green_link New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  6. dlstc

dlstc Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I recently purchased the Griffin Navigate. It plugs into the dock of the iPod Touch. You then plug in any headphones you wish (big plus) into the other end of the Navigate.

The Navigate unit provides FM tuning, as well as volume and track control for the Touch. It also dislplays album and track when you're playing from the iPod. I bought it so I could skip tracks by feel in the car and listen to FM radio whenever I wanted, even without a WiFi connection.

It purportedly has its own app, iFM, that uses your WiFi location to automatically populate your local FM stations, but I haven't tried that yet. It does allow for 4 preset stations, even without the app. The sound is very clear.

There are two downsides: 1)it draws its operating power from the iPod and 2)it adds considerable length to your headphone cord.

HTH,
    Diana
  7. TouchCast

TouchCast Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    You'll need wifi and à radio stream app

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. dlstc

dlstc Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    By the way, the Griffin Navigate is compatible with the iPod Touch 1G and no, you don't need wifi or any special app.
  9. ringo360

ringo360 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ok thank you