R.i.p. 360 2005-2008???

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Hack=Cash, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Hack=Cash

Hack=Cash New Member

I know a lot of you guys have XBox 360s and are probably gonna kill me for posting this thread

Please Register or Log in to view images

but with all the new games, updates, programs coming out for the Playstation 3 this YEAR, not to mention Blu-ray wining the format wars (Blu-ray vs HD-DVD), were do you think the 360 is headed?
    Here are just some of the things coming out for the PS3 this year to back up my statement:

GAMES(all exclusives): Gran Turismo 5, HAZE, Killzone 2, LittleBigPLanet, Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance 2, MotorStorm 2(maybe this year), The Agency(maybe this year)

UPDATES: -In Game XMB(Cross Media Bar) for those who do not know this is will enable players to send messages to friends, check messages, see who is online, enter chats, change display and sound settings, listen to music from system and more...while in a game. I know XBL already has this but this is gonna be big for us PS3 owners.
    -Playstation Home will be another big updates allowing all online PS3 owners to Creat their own avatar to live in an almost "Sims" environment where players can walk around the virtual town and meet other PSN (Playstation Network) users. There are many other things you can do but some of the most interesting is being able to invite friends into your virtual home customized with your wallpaper and designs from pictures you have taken from your camera!, being able to jump right into a game with friends from Home, and having a trophy room which will show off all the trophies you have gotten from achievements in games.
    -Thats right PSN will also now have ACHIEVEMENTS!
    -BEST of all ONLINE is FREE and all these updates and future updates WILL BE FREE!

PROGRAMS

layTV, now you watch TV from your Playstation 3, record shows while playing PS3, and watch a show while recording another! It will be all assembled into a sort of cable tv guide format to see programs showing later,what you missed, etc. You will also be able to transfer programs recorded to your PSP system through remote play (a sync between your PSP to your PS3 done wirelessly anywhere you can get WiFi!), you can also check messages from online buddies,watch videos, and listen to your music from your PS3 with this feature.

Well that is all i can think of FOR NOW...know there is somethings that i am missing, but W/E, But if there is anything you have to say that could prove me wrong let me know!

2. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well I'd definantly get the PS3 over the xbox 360 if I had the money...Simply because it's the cheapest Blu-Ray player on the market I believe..And it plays awesome games. Now...It'd be even cooler if PS3 could get more xbox 360 games though..
  3. Hack=Cash

Hack=Cash New Member

most of the games prob will be coming out for PS3 since they are bound to the 360 and developers are gonna want to get the must amount of many they can get from a game an example is Lost Planet which is coming out for PS3 in Feb. (so look for more to come!)

4. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

certain games are locked in for 360 only tho

like im sure gears 2 will be
  5. eng

eng New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Do i need blu-ray.......NO (i don't believe in HD, lol)
    Do i need any of those games......NO (i don't like any of them)
    Do i need home......NO (i like to be with my real friends, in real life, and if i can't, i speak to them over live)
    Do i need free online.....NO (i get £30 a week for going to school, £40 is nothing)
    Do i need TV on a console......NO (i already have a TV thanks very much)
    i think i'll stick with my 360 and DOAX2

6. xX945Xx

xX945Xx New Member

7. chasgta

chasgta New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    that song is about 2 years old, people thought it was funny at first, but now people are realizing that ps3 now doesnt cost that much, it does have good exclusive games and people do need blu ray
  8. coby!

coby! New Member

How can you say you dont like them if they arent even out? imbecile

Youre a fanboy, and fanboys are losers.
  9. Nayfe

Nayfe New Member

your a arsehole and well, arseholes are arseholes?! XBOX 360 is better although xbx360 are big a ps3 cud crush some body, ye maybe they have MGS4 and GT5 but do you have Gears 2? And notice how the PS3 is copying Xbx360... Achievements? Having owned all playstations to date, I decided to try a xbox 360 and loved it so im not biased, but i just think the xbx360 is a superior console... who cares that much about HD on a movie... games maybe... Not movies thats just stupid. Long live XBOX360!!

gamertag = Nayfe Games Play = COD4, Gears, Halo, Juiced 2, PES2008

XBOX360 KICKS ARSE!
  10. crimsonangel

crimsonangel New Member

The only thing I have to say is that really both have their exclusive titles. If your going by that you could say wii is doing better then both because it by far has the most, but that's for obvoius reasons. The 360 still have plenty of good looking exclusives, not to mention sony has a LONG way to catch up in the online department.