Quicktime movies and youtube movies problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tatsu, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Tatsu

Tatsu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    is anyone else experiencing problems enabling and disabling the file downloader? I disable it and I get a "This movie could not be played" message? I tried searching but everyone else seems to have it working? my videos play fine its just the videos on safari and on the youtube app that won't load.
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well with youtube, not all videos are formated correctly (most are but once in a while some aren't). Try a popular video and see if it works.

And for safari, some videos won't play because they're too big, or because they are in flash players (the iPod can't play flash).
  3. Tatsu

Tatsu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've been trying all the feature videos directly from the youtube app, and I've tried a movie file online that i've played before so I don't know what wrong. I tried uninstalling the file downloader plug-in and restoring the original quicktime plugin folder but nothing seems to be working.
  4. Happyhow

Happyhow New Member

I am new to Pods and YouTube, but I am "paying for" a very fast cable connection that talks to a G Router.

1: A month ago, I received a few similar messages, but becuase I was just starting out with my iTouch, I assumed that it was a restriction respecting the legal flak that Youtubes been receiving .

2: I have not had that message lately. But lately my problem is that in the evening, relatively "unknown " artists" load in about 5-8 seconds, whereas a tune by a Superstar like Willie Nelson, does not even load as fast as "the tune itself", and the system freezes.

4: So much for You Tube !