Quickpwn??????

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by DarkKnIgHt007, Mar 16, 2009.

1. DarkKnIgHt007

DarkKnIgHt007 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys I am still waiting to jailbreak because I want quickpwn. Im not using quickfreedom because I have heard about a lot of problems and people breaking their ipods. My parents would KILL me if i broke mine. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to update quickpwn by past updates? i dont have a 1g or 3g so i dont know how long it took to make the 1g quickpwn. Thanks and are their any close to official GUIs i could use. (that arent beta)

Darkknight007
  2. unknown1337

unknown1337 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Oh my god, dude you dont know what your talking about. QuickFreedom is the BEST. QuickPwn isnt coming out yet, so just use that.
  3. sup1234

sup1234 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    dont worry about breaking your ipod, its pretty much impossible to brick it or wreck it without trying. There is no quickpwn out for the 2g jb and quickfreedom really is easy and fast. dont worry about wrecking your ipod because there are a lot of threads on this website explaining how to fix your ipod or return your ipod back to its original state.
  4. DarkKnIgHt007

DarkKnIgHt007 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

well if it is the BEST then why are their countless people that have their ipods "broken." Ive heard about this looping problem and all kinds of other stuff.
  5. jered6323

jered6323 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Because they don't understand what's happened, that's all. I just used Quickfreedom and it worked like a charm =)

The first time I tried (about 3 hours ago) I thought I bricked mine (screen wouldn't turn on, computer wouldn't recognize it, etc) and I just put it in DFU mode and restored factory firmware, then tried gain, but with success thistime.
  6. chivasgarcia

chivasgarcia New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    EXACTLY, these people have no idea what they are talking about. They think its messed up, because they do not have the knowledge to fix the problem (which is actually just putting it in DFU Mode and restoring). MuscleNerd (from the iPhone Dev Team) confirmed that iPod Touches are unbrickable, as he has tried to intentionally brick it in the past. You have nothing to worry about.
  7. unknown1337

unknown1337 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Other people make other tools for variety or more features. QuickFreedom is the easiest in my opinion. iPod Touches are unbrickable, people just don't know what they're doing.

Tools you should use ; RedTool
    QuickFreedom
  8. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm waiting for quickpwn too cause I hate libusb. Coutless people have posted that they get BSOD even if run in compatibility mode.
  9. Mr X

Mr X New Member

If people 'brick' their iPods, it's because they don't know how to fix simple problems. If you don't know a lot about jailbreaking 2G iPod Touches, you should probably not attempt it, because if you have a problem, you will have to ask quite a few questions to fix it. I used Quickfreedom, and it worked flawlessly. But then again, I was one of the ones who use redsn0w lite through command line when it first came out, so I have a bit of experience in this area. Quickfreedom is perfectly fine though. Don't be afraid

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. 92r100r

92r100r New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    If you do a restore to 2.1.1, then do the QuickFreedom program, it's easy as pie (and I have NO technical knowledge of computers).

Seriously, just do it. QuickFreedom explains it, gives a visual demonstration of putting the ipod into DFU mode, tells you what to do next, etc. There are really only a couple steps. It's easy, you'll jailbreak it, go for it.