[QUICKPWN XP 2.1 How long is normal for the "Perparing Your Device" screen to appear?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by bimple, Nov 12, 2008.

1. bimple

bimple New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I am on a XP, trying to jailbreak an 8GB 1st Gen iPod Touch with 2.1 firmware with Qucikpwn 2.1

How long is normal for the "Preparing your device..." screen to appear when trying to connect to the iPod Touch for the jailbreak?

I read somewhere that you should wait for 10 Min - maybe even go have a drink - but if I do that will I miss my opportunity to do the 2nd, 3rd and 4th steps (pressing and holding the power and hold buttons etc.), or will Quickpwn wait for me to do those? I have tried a few times but have given up after like 6 minutes or so - should I wait longer?
  2. thejosh88

thejosh88 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    honestly it shouldnt take any more then 5 min to jailbreak your touch....try restoreing your touch then try the jailbreak again.....
  3. Simondude56

Simondude56 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The QuickPwn jailbreaking steps shouldn't take too long. iTunes upgrading your device takes pretty long...
  4. bimple

bimple New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks for the replies. I have no idea why it is hanging up at that screen - very frustrating. I have restored the firmware via itunes, and still no luck. So if I do get up and walk away from the ipod touch while it is "Preparing your device" what will happen if I am not there to press and hold the buttons in the proper order? will it wait for me to do that?
  5. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

no, you should not leave your ipod while it's preparing for jailbreak.

you will encounter an error.

i suggest that you wait and be patient.

or try restarting your computer.
  6. bimple

bimple New Member

Device:
    iPod touch