QuickPwn - What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by r3dn1t3, Sep 20, 2008.

1. r3dn1t3

r3dn1t3 New Member

I have used quickpwn before, I used it to JB 2.0

I use the first Generation of Ipod touch.

So heres what happens, I open up QuickPwn, it detects that I have my ipod connected. Next, I select my firmware version for 2.1 (I was following Ipodtouched's guide to see if he had the same firmware version as me and he does), and it supposed to have a Tick on the Ipod Quickpwn screen, but mine doesn't. I have downloaded other firmware version and the same thing happens. I have tried with other firmware (such as 2.0) and it does it. Does it matter that I am upgrading form 2.0 to 2.1? Not 2.0.1 (w/e it is) to 2.1?

Thanks in advance
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

After you select your firmware, and the IpodTouchGuide is for the non-legit Morphey version, it'll ask you what you want to install - Cydia, Installer, and Custom Boot Logos. Make sure you're using the one from blog.iphone-dev.org as well.

Step 1) It'll ask you to connect the iPod and to click next (blue button) when ready. MAKE SURE THE IPOD ALREADY HAS 2.1 INSTALLED.

Step 2) Select Firmware: It'll go by default to /Users/YourNameHere/AppData/Roaming/Apple Computer/iTunes/iPod Software Updates if you have Vista, or /Documents and Settings/YourNameHere/Application Data/Roaming/Apple Computer/iTunes/iPod Software Updates if you have Windows XP. If you don't have the original 2.1 firmware file here, click "Browse" and find the file. Click Next when finished.

Step 3) Select Jailbreak Options: this is where it should ask you if you want to install Cydia, Installer, and Custom Boot/Recovery Logos. Cydia and Installer are checked by default, Custom Logos are not. Do what you will, click Next.

Step 4) You should see a screen that has four steps: Step 1 is QuickPwn setting the iPod into Recovery mode. The iPod will show the Recovery Logo (itunes with a USB plug) on the iPod when done. Then it'll ask you to hold down the Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds in step 2. Step 3 will ask you to let go of the Power button and to wait 50 more seconds or so. Step 4 then says 'Uploading exploit bootloader' as the iPod enters DFU mode.

Step 5) If the above was successful, it should be on a new screen that says "jailbreaking iPod". On the iPod screen itself you will see a disk drive image, showing that it's uploading the jailbreak, then it'll show a running Pineapple icon with a green status bar showing the progress of the jailbreak.

Step 6) Ipod will reboot by itself. At this point, you can quit QuickPWN.
  3. r3dn1t3

r3dn1t3 New Member

Bang, theres my problem. Thanks a lot!

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Rule of thumb: QuickPwn is a jailbreak only - if you want to jailbreak 2.1, you have to have 2.1 installed. If you want to do 2.0.2, have 2.0.2 installed.