Quickpwn vs Pwnagetool?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Skenji, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Skenji

Skenji New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Is quickpwn or pwangetool better to use to jailbreak 2.1? will one run smoother then the other or is a jaibroken touch a jailbroken touch no matter what i used to jailbreak?
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

It's really your choice - if you want to create custom firmware (which matters more with the iPhone as creating firmware means you have to pick a BootNeuter file as well), then PwnageTool is the only way to go. If you only care about jailbreaking and the unlocking doesn't matter, or if you have an iPhone 3G which is currently unlockable, then either one will do the job but QuickPWN will not require you to restore the firmware (which means you don't have to resync all your data).

It's up to you, but QuickPWN is the faster of the two as you don't have to spend time creating firmware and then flashing it... and THEN resyncing all your stuff onto the iPod.
  3. specialsyco

specialsyco New Member

i like quickpwn better but neither is technically better

pwnage tool = making custom firmware and restoring in itunes

quickpwn = restoring to offical firmware then jailbreaking (i think its also a little quicker)
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    quickpwn is DEFIANTLY better if you dont want to lose your stuff and your already on 2.0
  4. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

pwnagetool has more customization
    and quickiepwn is quick and good for not losing data