Quickpwn: stuck on recovery mode step solved

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Karcus, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Karcus

Karcus New Member

OK guys, this is for window users. There seems to be some people using quickpwn being stuck on the jailbreaking process that prevents them from um.. jailbreaking. The part I'm referring too is the step where Quickpwn puts your Ipod in recovery mode and it does so, but the step where you gotta hold the home button for 5 sec doesn't initiate. Well I do believe I got something.
    First off I did 2 things and 1 might not be necessary so here it goes...

Microsoft's Services: Start > Run > type services.msc and start the following services.

There was some services I had off. They were Terminal, Fast User Switching and one of the Remote Procedure Calls (forgot which one was off). I started those services and then rebooted (actually I didn't reboot but might be better for you) and magically QuickPwn successfully pwn my Ipod. Yeah! Woot! Wii ha! So the step that was stubborn to start, happened! Thats it.

Oh but prior to that, I tried downloading the .DotNet Framework 3.5 to see if it would trigger the jailbreaking events to no avail. So this step might not be required or it could be a combination of .DotNet Framework 3.5 (and its updates) and turning on the aforementioned services. Good Luck.

Also gotta mention that I used the official QuickPwn from the Iphone Dev team, if it matters (shouldn't). Some say using a different computer worked for them which I would think its good but what bout the ones with no other resources? Try my tips.
    After 5 agonizing days of reading and testing the many versions out there. Not to mention 3 different usb cables and all the USB ports. I almost teared it worked. Let me know if this works for you.

iTunes 8.01.11
    8gb iPod Touch 1g
    Firmware 2.1...now jailbroken with Quickpwn
  2. bimple

bimple New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks much - I got it to work using your info!

I had read your post before and tried to get those services started, but one or two of them would not start, so after you suggested trying this again I ran services.msc and highlighted the service I wanted to start, chose properties, and then set the startup type to "automatic" and clicked start. I did not need to reboot.

I had also previously installed the dot net framework 3.5 as you suggested.

I also highlighted the quickpwn.exe and right-clicked and chose properties and made sure that the compatibility was set to windows 2000 as someone else suggested (I had tried this before without starting the services you said to start and it did not work for me by itself). I am not sure which service it was that worked, or a combination of all of them turned on at once along with the updated dot net framework and the fixed compatibility mode, but it did finally work!

THIS THREAD SHOULD BE STICKIED!
  3. XMuffinFlavoredX

XMuffinFlavoredX New Member

This did not fix my problem.
  4. Karcus

Karcus New Member

What was your problem?

This may not fix your problem. It's just something to try. But it did help me and another so, I'm sorry I have no more ideas to suggest.
  5. eatup0

eatup0 New Member

Karcus, THANK YOU SOO MUCH!

I had the same problem and remembered I turned off my Terminal services, RPC, and Fast User Switching services.

Starting them up again and restarting quickpwn worked!

I didn't even have to install the Framework update
  6. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    kl kl, i jus posted here to get my post no. up

Please Register or Log in to view images

lol

ye so, good, ive already pwned ma ipod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. 24Julian24

24Julian24 New Member

So i have followed your steps and started the terminal and Remote but there is no fast user switching in my services list so i tried it anyway with the other two on and it didnt work
    Do i need to have the fast user switching?
    Also many other services are off should i turn everything on or just the three?
  8. skitch3

skitch3 New Member

Worked!!!

It worked!!! Thank You soooo much! I did everything... put automatically to all 3 and then got the framework update or w/e and then I HAD to put it to allow 2000 like the second guy said and it worked!!! Thank a lot!!!!
  9. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    This happens when you have installed and uninstalled iTunes too many times. So I simply just do it on a different computer.
  10. M3rcer

M3rcer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Dude, I f***ing love you in a non gay way man, I had alredy tried the services method, but then I installed the Framework and cashing, thnx