quickpwn RC3 with 2.0.2 FW not working

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by patsissons, Aug 28, 2008.

1. patsissons

patsissons New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    so here is the deal, i have been trying to get my ipod touch (8G, model MA623C) jailbroken for 2 days with absolutely no luck. my ipod currently has 2.0.2 firmware on it, i have ipsw files for both 2.0.2 and 2.0.1 on my computer. I have tried with several versions of quickpwn, rc3 being the most recent. In most cases quickpwn gets stuck after it finishes uploading the exploit bootloader process, which is the first process (on older quickpwn's it is "process 0"). In all efforts, i choose to install both cydia and installer, no boot logos. I am certain that I am entering DFU mode properly (pwr 5sec, pwr+home 10sec, home ~10sec) so i don't think that is the problem. Something that did strike me as odd, is that as soon as my ipod enters DFU mode, the "uploading exploit bootloader" starts right away (and finished almost immediately), but then i can hear the ipod disconnecting (icon in the systray vanishes, as well as the usb disconnect sound is played) as soon as the progress bar reaches the end. I'm not sure if that is normal, it would explain why quickpwn is sitting there doing nothing, since the ipod isn't responding at all...

anyways, just curious if anyone else has experienced this behaviour. Oh and one last thing, I have read about unplugging and plugging it back in, this has not done anything for me yet (the ipod remains turned off). I have also tried putting the ipod back into DFU mode again, this however only repeats the "uploading exploit bootloader" step again. Reconnecting when the ipod is in normal mode just results in an error message.
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Try WinPwn, lol.
  3. lukage

lukage New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I used quickpwn today for the 1st time. I downloaded it from there website and i have firmware 2.0.2 but in quickpwn you choose the 2.0.1 firmware where ever it is on your computer then you just follow the instructions and HEY PRESTO! 5 mins later its jailbroken!!!!! I was amazed at how quick it was!
  4. rayden

rayden Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Have you try to check either iTunes is still working or any Apple related program is still running in the background or not? If so, then end it. Go to the TASK MANAGER then hit END PROCESS button if you find any of these files:

- AppleMobileDeviceHelper.exe,
    - AppleMobileDeviceService.exe,
    - iPodService.exe,
    - iTunes.exe,
    - iTunesHelper.exe.

My suggestion for the save side, before you do this process, reinstall your 2.0.2, restart your computer, without turning iTunes on, you go straight to the TASK MANAGER.

Hope this help you.

EDIT:

For the post above me, I QuickPwned my iTouch from 1.1.4 last two days into 2.0.2 straight away. I runned QuickPwnGUI120 with 2.0.2 update software. It works.
  5. bleucheese7

bleucheese7 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yea, the new quickpwn supports 2.0.2

my suggestion is keep holding home button
    when i did it i: held power for 5 seconds, then power + home for ten seconds, then i held home until the command prompt thing closed, just to be safe. if you read the instructions in the prompt, it says to hold the home button for 30 seconds.

its like 30... 29... 28... 27... 25... 24... 23... 22... 21... then the processes start. so according to the numbers, you should hold home for at least another 20 seconds
  6. rayden

rayden Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)

I just wanted to say that after I read again the first post. Worth to try, patsissons!
  7. patsissons

patsissons New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    @Gitykins: tried it, said 2.0.2 was not compatible.

@lukage: tried using the 2.0.1 instead of 2.0.2 (with 2.0.2 already on the ipod), same results.

@rayden: no apple or ipod processes were running. also, i have tried to first reinstall 2.0.2 via itunes in DFU mode before starting the process.

@bleucheese7: tried keeping the home button held down, gave up after about 5 mins (finger got tired).

I think i may have figured out the problem. I just checked now and the laptop i am doing this from only has usb 1.1. It just occured to me that the touch is very "touchy" with non usb 2.0 connections. i'll try it out on a usb 2.0 machine shortly and report back on results.
  8. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Then do 2.0.1 WinPwn, lmao.
  9. rayden

rayden Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Looking forward to see the result.

But please remember, from the dev team blog:

"We have also encountered some issues with the Windows Beta of QuickPwn, and we have an update that should fix the issues seen with 64-bit Windows versions and should be able to be used with all versions of Windows, but as with all beta software other bugs may be present."
  10. patsissons

patsissons New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    @Gitykins: I'd rather go with 2.0.2, i have heard 2.0.1 is rather buggy. i would otherwise probably have stayed with 1.1.5

@rayden: running windows xp 32 bit (tiny xp actually), and this is the latest quickpwn (RC3).

second effort is on regular XP (with usb 2.0 now), seems to be working now. i'm pretty sure the usb 1.1 connection was the cause of my problems.