Quickpwn: ipod stuck in recovery mode!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by cheryl_7, Nov 24, 2008.

1. cheryl_7

cheryl_7 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    hi, i've been trying to jailbreak my 2.2 1st gen ipod touch and nothing i do seems to be working! i've already had to restore it almost 10 times
    ive read some people suggest downloading .netframework 3.5, running compatability as windows 2000. ive done both these and nothing seems to work
    whenever i run quickpwn i get up to the part "wait for ipod in recovery mode" (something like that), and it never continues to the hold the home button for 5 seconds part.

does anyone have any other tips? it would be of great help

Please Register or Log in to view images

by the way, im on vista if that makes a difference
  2. Keyaku

Keyaku New Member

I'm having the EXACT problem as you but in this case, I'm on XP and I have iPhone 3G...
    what the hell... can't jailbreak NOR downgrade too
  3. xlmrylandlx

xlmrylandlx New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    same for me it just gets hanged up at the recovery mode, but mine is in recovery mode and it wont read it. I ran it as an admin and have the newest famework and ive been asking for awhile, someone help.
  4. cheryl_7

cheryl_7 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    sorry to say but i never found a way to solve this annoying problem. But i DID eventually jailbreak my ipod touch using another computer. maybe u guys could try using another computer if u have access to one...u never know it may work

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. iH@CK3RZ

iH@CK3RZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    ok this might sound stupid and you already probably tried but restart your computer and dont restore your ipod just keep it at the recovery mode screen and when you plug it back in and open quickpwn it might work. i dont know just an idea