quickpwn.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Dyscrete, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Dyscrete

Dyscrete New Member

*** quickpwn.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. ***

I am using quickpwn to jailbreak my itouch 2.0.2. I can get to the part where it starts to load via the command prompt but then it"quickpwn.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I have closed everything in the windows task manager related to itunes. I am running windows xp sp 2.

I have followed the 2.0.2 to the letter, here is the link
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92404

thanks for your help.
  2. joshrose54

joshrose54 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    are you using the quickpwn where you type the command in your sekf, if so,

when you specify the path of the restorefile, put quotations around it i.e. "C:\restore.ipsw"
  3. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    used the quickpwn gui, that fixed it for me
  4. Laxmann19

Laxmann19 New Member

try running as admin? maybe re download quickpwn? Also try restarting your comp before you pwn your ipod
  5. andydam123

andydam123 Member

Try using my XiPhone.
  6. Dyscrete

Dyscrete New Member

I am using the gui interface the one from http://www.ifans.com/forums/...ad.php?t=92404 the 2.0.2. I never get to the part where it asks you the questions. It just stop half way through.

listed below is a step, it says let go of the "home button" the instructions never mentions when I am to start holding the home button. any tips on this.

12) A command line should pop up. Be patient with it, it takes a while to take in and prepare all the data. You will have to answer some questions and follow some directions. It's not to difficult, so I'll leave you on your own. If you need help, PM me or ask me to post it.
    * Do not exit until it closes automatically. As soon as the "Processes" part starts, you can release the home button.

------------------double post merged------------------
    It was a corrupt ipsw file. thanks for all of your help.
  7. DarkStryder360

DarkStryder360 New Member

I had this problem, so I just used winPwn instead and worked a treat.
  8. alboi

alboi New Member

How i got past this problem!

Once it gives the error that QuickPWN has encountered an error and needs to close, you leave it like that for like 5 minutes, pluged in. Do not touch the computer. Do no touch the ipod. After five minutes, you unplug the ipod and then plug it back in. That's all I did.
    It worked for me! A window came up saying that it was downloading jailbroken database.
    Good luck! Hope this helps!