Quickpwn encountered a problem and need to close.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by gamekaiser, Aug 22, 2008.

1. gamekaiser

gamekaiser Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This keeps popping up after I begin to pwn my ipod with quickpwn. What do I do to fix it?
  2. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

Make damn SURE that all processes labeled with "apple" , "ipod" , and "itunes" are closed, or it will not work. (CTRL + ALT + DEL = Task Manager for you dummies out there

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  3. gamekaiser

gamekaiser Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I figured it out its because i downloaded an iphone firmware and not an ipod one lol.
  4. M3rcer

M3rcer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I did it and still get the Restore.plist error, any way to fix it?
  5. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

I don't know. What firmware are you on, what IPSW are you using with QuickPwn, and are you sure it's plugged in?
  6. M3rcer

M3rcer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Im on 2.0, I dont want to restore and lose all my music just to jb if at the end it wont work, Im trying to use a clean 2.0 247 or something FW
  7. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

Delete all of the QuickPwn files, including the FW. (If you don't need it right now, or just cut it) Do not delete the quickpwn.zip or the QuickPwnGUI.zip. Then, go to "C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates\" but make sure you have Show Hidden Files in the Folder Options checked. Then, copy the iPod or if you have an iPhone 2.0 update IPSW to the folder where QuickPwn and QuickPwnGUI are located. Unzip the two QuickPwn zips, and copy all of the files from quickpwn and QuickPwn GUI folders to the main folder where the IPSW is located. Then, run the QuickPwn-Bundle-Release.exe and follow the instructions. Make sure all iTunes, apple and iPod processes are closed.
  8. M3rcer

M3rcer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    hmmm so I need the QuickPwn GUI and the regular? o.0
  9. peezi

peezi New Member

had the same problem

haha that's funny...I had that same problem up until friday night....I made it my life goal that day to jailbreak the new firmware and I used quickpwn but kept getting "Quickpwn needs to close" so finally I downloaded a new ispw and voila! I have jailbroken 1 Ipod touch and 2 Iphones...yes...Sweet.