QuickPwn doesn't do anything when I select IPSW

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by dassasdfghjkl, Dec 22, 2008.

1. dassasdfghjkl

dassasdfghjkl New Member

I need some help: after selecting my IPSW which seems the correct format for the QuickPWn 2.2 for my IPOD Touch 2.2, the arrow at the bottom stays grey. What do I do?
    Also, how to I get a new, "clean" IPSW from itunes, does that mean to "restore"?
  2. Riser333

Riser333 New Member

me too

yeah mate i've got the same problem .... just wondering how you/ if you solved this issue?

thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Spyda

Spyda Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You have to make sure its the same FW thats on your touch. I made that mistake before.
  4. daio

daio Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I had that a few times when using quickpwn.

In my case it was because the IPSW file was encrypted with Microsoft EFS, as are all files under my My Documents area (they look green instead of black in Explorer, indicating encryption).

I had to copy the file elsewhere, remove encryption (right click on file, properties, advanced, uncheck encryption checkbox) and use that one as source.

Every time a winner thereafterwards. Your problem might be something else but at least check if your files are encrypted or not.