QuickPwn cannot find ipsw?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by FinalOmen, Nov 29, 2008.

1. FinalOmen

FinalOmen New Member

Hello,

I know similiar question as been ask before. But I still couldn't find the answer I need.I have just restore and update my iPod touch(1g) to 2.2 and right now I'm trying to Jailbreak. Upon opening QuickPwn and the next button, on the next screen QuickPwn could not locate my ipsw. I had try many method to find but still couldn't. I'm on Window Vista and is a user account. So whatever I do is very limiting.

I have tried download the firmware from
    http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ and apparently after I downloaded it, it is in zip file and not ipsw like the others firmware.

So the problem is, my QuickPwn could not locate 2.2 ipsw file. And trying alternate method like downloading from that website, I still couldn't figure out what to do with the zip file. Any help would be appreciated.

Best regard,
    Melvin
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

The IPSW file has to be the correct one for your iPod - which is the one without the 'a' at the end. Also, if a file is zipped, it has to be unzipped in order to be usable by iTunes or QuickPwn. If you've already flashed to Firmware 2.2, as you said you did here, it should be in the default Users\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Update forum. May I suggest running QuickPwn in administrative mode?

That's 'right-click the icon and select "Run as Administrator"', by the way.
  3. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

4. FinalOmen

FinalOmen New Member

Sorry, but do I have to go to administrator account to do this? I couldn't find the tools anywhere.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Hello, I tried to Run as Administrator. However the problem still remains, it still ask me to locate the ipsw and in my user folder, there isn't any AppData.
  5. seppc777

seppc777 New Member

I did the same with my ipod touch with my windows xp and went to username\application data\apple computer\itunes\ipod software updates\ipod2,1-2.2_5g77a_restore.ipsw on my quickpwn and it says firmware error string.
  6. JasonFTW

JasonFTW New Member

Same with me and it dosent reconize what devise im useing witch is the ipodtouch 2g
  7. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    AppData is a hidden folder.

And you can't jailbreak the 2G iPod Touch.
  8. AlexD10

AlexD10 New Member

when i download the .ipsw it tells me on quickpwn that i have a string error? what can i do to solve this?
  9. Bwopp

Bwopp Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    @Alex You probably have the wrong version of QuickPwn what firmware do you have?

@FinalOmen The app data folder is hidden make sure you change the settings on your computer so that you can view hidden folders
  10. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    To open AppData without changing any settings, Open Run, and type %APPDATA%, then hit OK or Run(Can't remember what it says).