QuickPwn Automatically exits after 30 hold for home.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by coolpepper43, Aug 28, 2008.

1. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I do not know what I am doing wrong. I have been following the instructs exactly for trying to jailbreak 2.0.2 my iPod Touch. Right when QuickPwn counts down to 1 for holding the home button, the program automatically closes. Is it supposed to do that? What could be going wrong?
  2. cometobuy

cometobuy New Member

when it finished it should crash and go out, and then your ipod restart and you have a jailbroken 2.0.2..
  3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    It did not jailbreak my ipod. I have seen videos of people jailbreaking their ipods and after the 30 second count down there should be addition information on the screen for further installation, correct? When I do it, it crashes immediately when it counts down to 1. Nothing is happening on my ipod when following the instructions other then turning itself on while I hold the power button.
  4. b19jon

b19jon New Member

I had the same problem... there is a message which comes up which explains why its closing but it goes away to quickly .

It basically telling you to try another usb port .
  5. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I have tried 3 other USB ports. Are you sure that will fix the problem?
  6. b19jon

b19jon New Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

Probably too small to read.. however thats what the mesage says
  7. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yes I paused it too and that is what it says. I have restarted my computer and changed usb ports 3 times. What else can I do to get this thing to work. Should I be getting the iTunes plug logo when following the instructions. If I hold the home and power button a little longer that icon on my ipod comes up. Is that what I want? Thank You.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Anyone have have idea what could be going wrong? If not, is there an alternative way to jailbreak 2.0.2 itouch? Thanks

8. knarf145

knarf145 New Member

i had the same problem man. its because your USB ports aren't 2.0 (i think). try from a different computer, it worked for me. idk what version of quickpwn youre downloading - but they updated it and fixed a lot of problems too in recent days where you dont even need a youtube video to do it.

blog.iphone-dev.org
    2nd to most recent post.
  9. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I got it working, I jailbroke it in my other operating system Vista and it worked. I guess it did not like my XP and it worked in my Dual Boot of Vista.