Quickpwn 2.2.5 on newer MAC's?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jeffy, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Jeffy

Jeffy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hey all, I have searched high and low for an answer to this but have not come up with a definite answer, maybe I'm using the wrong keywords but, I know there was a problem with using quickpwn with the newer intel based MAC's, has this yet been resolved? I want to do a reformat on my iPhone 3G, but also want to ensure that I can still jailbreak it!

Stats:
    Unibody MacBook
    OSX 10.5.7
    iTunes 8.1

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks a bunch!
  2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes, 10.5.7 fixed the DFU mode bug. DFU works perfect. Stay on iTunes 8.1 if you want to jailbreak.
  3. Jeffy

Jeffy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Stephen.4 thanks for the reply, but I also want to know if the actual Quickpwn 2.2.5 app will work on the newer MAC's, I used to have to use Quickpwn on a PPC, but that has since died, thus my dilemma!

Thanks a bunch!
  4. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I've been using QuickPwn and Pwnage tool for some time with no problems (I am not sure when the 10.5.7 came out but that is what I am on) with a similar setup as yours.

The problem with 10.5.6 and DFU mode was something in the USB connection. The easiest solution was to just use a USB hub. Not sure if that is still a problem but it has always worked fine for me.
  5. Jeffy

Jeffy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    DrewGzy: Thanks! That's what I needed to know before I went messing around with my phone!