Quickpwn 2.1 doesn't recognize the firmware I'm using ...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by 6uardianAngel, Oct 25, 2008.

1. 6uardianAngel

6uardianAngel New Member

I'm having trouble using Quickpwn to jailbreak my ipod touch. During the second step I correctly select the 2.1 firmware restore and it appears to be working, i.e. the spinning wheel is there but then after 3-4 seconds it stops and the arrow at the bottom is still grey!

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?!

I've searched all around the net and the people who have problems have problems at different places. Doesn't seem very consistent to me...

Please Help!

By the way, I'm using:
    Windows Vista
    Quickpwn 2.1
    First Gen. iPod Touch

... and I haven't ever jailbroken any 2.0.x firmware before this.
    I had 1.1.4 previously and made it to the 2.0 upgrade then 2.1.

Thank you in advance!
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Make sure you got QuickPwn from http://blog.iphone-dev.org to start. Also make sure you're NOT using custom firmware - if you are, the hash will be different and the process will fail as it needs untouched Firmware 2.1 files for the iPhone 1G and 3G or the iPod Touch 1G. Also make sure you're in normal mode, so the iPod can be kicked into Recovery mode by the program.
  3. Atl

Atl New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Make sure you have a clean version of the firmware(just redownload it, I don't exactly what they mean by clean lol). I had a problem like this when I was doing it. So I redownloaded the a fresh one and it worked perfectly.
  4. 6uardianAngel

6uardianAngel New Member

AHHH! Thank you! That was the problem. I just removed the IPSW from the Software Updates Folder and let iTunes download a fresh and "clean" one again.

(It's so nice to see Cydia!)
  5. dassasdfghjkl

dassasdfghjkl New Member

Help Please

This seems to be the problem I have with my Ipod touch 2.2: QuickPwn 2.2 didn't do anything when I selected my IPSW, which was the correct format. Any advice?
    And then I removed my old IPSW but don't know where to download the new "clean one from"