quickpwn 2.1 custom boot logo

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by xxcrashxx, Sep 30, 2008.

1. xxcrashxx

xxcrashxx New Member

aight, so ive tried to find a tutorial or some info on how to use quickpwn 2.1, for putting a self-created custom boot logo into the program. heres how ya do it, when you get the one executable .exe file, and run it, it will extract everything to "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\7ZipSfx.000\Data"(if you use vista) i believe the equilivant for xp is the same but its "Documents and Settings" instead of "Users". in that folder you will find the logo.png, replace it with your own(following the actual specifications for the file type that will work). and thats it. if anyone needs help with that, ill upload the actual files that will work with 2.1. i tried the pwnmeuthus(sp?) version thats online, that claims to work with 2.1, but i had no luck.

happy patching pplz.

*note, if this has been posted elsewhere and i havent seen it, i appoligize, and the mods have full rights to delete/move as they wish.

**EDIT: I just remembered, if you cant find that folder by browsing through your C: drive, you need to unhide hidden folders/system files, blah blah blah. just like almost everything out there. if you dont know how to do that, its explained everywhere, and i dont see it fitting in this little guide, so just remember, Google is your Friend!!

**EDIT2: where it says "Owner", thats whatever you login name on your computer is.
  2. ipodtouchdude

ipodtouchdude Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
  3. xxcrashxx

xxcrashxx New Member

are you using xp or vista???
  4. ipodtouchdude

ipodtouchdude Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    XP: C:\Documents and Settings\ipodtouchdude\Local Settings\Temp\7ZipSfx.000\Data
  5. Frozen72

Frozen72 New Member

I'll try it once I get home. I'm on vista...
  6. xxcrashxx

xxcrashxx New Member

yea, thats the path for xp, did that work for you??

@Frozen72
    make sure that you have all your hidden files visable, cuz the AppData folder is hidden by default.
  7. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

other option could be right click then choose extract to and specfy a location
  8. xxcrashxx

xxcrashxx New Member

Dude, your right, YOUR A GENIUS!!!!! i never would have noticed that... does that only work if you have winrar installed?? cuz the option that shows up is through winrar, i dont think it can be extracted through windows.
  9. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

yeh I use winrar but same concept for winzip aswell could try 7zip