QuickPWN 1.5 Vista x64 error

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by r1dePrkCty, Aug 25, 2008.

1. r1dePrkCty

r1dePrkCty New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Im having a problem running the new quickpwn on my vista x64 system. When i click the .exe i just get a message saying that quickpwn has stopped working and needs to close. I have ran it as admin and in comp. mode for winXP. Still same problem. PoorLad is aware of the problem but he needs to know if anyone else is experiencing this. Please post below. Thanks.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    EDIT: Never mind PoorLad found the bug. MODs you can delete or lock or do what ever it is you usually do when a thread is no longer needed. Thanks
  2. oookkaaaaay

oookkaaaaay Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    wait i keep on getting the same error is there an updated one?? i am on 64 bit vista also.
  3. devpatel

devpatel New Member

yes i am also experiencing the same problems =[
  4. planetbeing

planetbeing New Member

Short story: This will be fixed pretty soon. Let's say, tomorrow.

Long story: .NET compiles stuff for both x86 and x64 and puts them into one binary. Unfortunately, I only compile libpwnmetheus.dll for x86. So on x64, the x64 .NET binary gets loaded and that's incompatible with the x86 DLL. However, x64 Windows is perfectly capable of running x86 binaries, so the solution is simply not compile the x64 binary version since at this point, I don't wish to expend the effort trying to deal with MSVC++ and its associated non-ANSIness, nor am I willing to trust mingw64 (yet).
  5. andydam123

andydam123 Member

Use my XiPhone. Compiled for x86-64.
  6. planetbeing

planetbeing New Member

7. joelfreak

joelfreak New Member

I used it on Vista 64 and it ran and seems to have worked, I just have too much on my Ipod to boot. But it didnt error out at all.
  8. planetbeing

planetbeing New Member

Sorry, I do not understand this sentence:

9. r1dePrkCty

r1dePrkCty New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Maybe his root partition is too small for all of his apps... But i dont know, im just guessing. The program looks good but i just have one question... Can we chose our own boot logos in quickpwn or can we only use the pwnapple as our boot logo?
  10. vagelisgeo

vagelisgeo New Member

What is the bug? i`m still struggling to get this loaded, rtied every version of quickpwn and it still crashes