Review QuickOffice® Mobile Office Suite (Excel, Word Wifi)

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by iPod Touch™, Jun 11, 2009.

1. iPod Touch™

iPod Touch™ Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    QuickOffice® Mobile Office Suite (Excel, Word, Wifi)

Please Register or Log in to view images

Price: 19.99
    Category: Utilities
    Released: May 30, 2009
    Version: 1.2.0
    Size: 6.9 MB
    Developer: QuickOffice , Inc
    iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=310723177&mt=8

"Quicksheet enables users to view and edit Excel documents. The increased functionality now allows landscape editing, direct double-tap cell editing in both landscape and portrait mode, copy and paste columns, rows and cells, faster and easier ways to build formulas, as well as the ability to add a new sheet within a worksheet. The Word editor, Quickword, adds auto-correct, auto-capitalization, find text, adjusting indentation level of bulleted/numbered lists and paragraphs, and double tapping space bar to enter a period. New features for Quickoffice Files include slideshow viewing of images in remote and local directories and the ability to bookmark last viewed position in documents".

"Quickoffice Mobile Office Suite, Quickoffice Files, Quicksheet and Quickword will each receive the same applicable free updates. This allows consumers the ability to choose an individual functionality with the same feature set as the full suite. The updates to the separate applications were submitted to the App Store and are expected to be available soon".

OverView

My first opinions of this app as I open it up is it is very easy to pick up and learn straight away. It is a breeze to type on and is actually just like Microsoft Word and Excel! Despite the pricing, this app would do awesome in the app store, my suggestion to the developers is to lower it to at least 9.99 USD then people will go crazy over it!

MAIN MENU

The main menu has been done pretty nice and clean. Along the bottom you have your options, and it shows what Source your connect via the internet too. I could care lees if you know my IP Address by the way.

Start a new document

I like the little drop in menu that gives you these 3 simple choice of starting a new document. it is a nice UI and very clean as well, it is as noob friendly as it could possibly get.

Add a new folder or public account

this feature is the shizz. it is what most of these apps are lacking. I believe this works well with the mac program that lets you store files online. The name just isn't coming to me right now though. How ever there are many of these out there.

File transfer Options

This is a nice feature that has been incorporated into this app. It gives you the ability to password protect your file transfers via wifi so people can't just go into your files and steal them. It is basically a really nice security system, you simply just make a password, you can change the description if you would prefer, but it is not necessary.

Help Screen

The User guide, news and update, and FAQ are all located on this nicely organized screen. visit this ever week or so for news and updates. Also if you have questions, send messages to the developers.

The About Screen

This screen is just some general information about the app written as I assume, from the author of this app. I recommend everyone read this before attempting to use this app for anything.

Edit Virtually Everything and Anything​

This is definitely this apps claim to fame. You can edit everything from the font, color, spacing, and indenting to the background and if you want it bold or in italics. this is the one thing that blows this app out of the water! If I could gives features a 10/5, I would.

Final Rating

Overall Satisfaction - 5/5 [This app is amazing]
    Price - 1/5 - [sorry, must be lowered]
    UI - 5/5 - [Really nice layout and organization (User friendly)
    Graphics - 5/5 - [Superb]

Final Comments​

I have never given an app this high of praise! The guys at QuickOffice, Inc really made a spectacular app. I would have lowered this to a final 4/5 for the price being sky high, but I was amazed by its accessibility!

Attached Files:

2. PG2

PG2 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Much better.

Make sure to make sure you aren't making grammatical errors, such as 'Over View' should be 'Overview'.
  3. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

I am getting this. I have always wanted something like this for my iPod and now... Cool, thanks for notifying us. This is like open office for iPhone, except it costs $20.
  4. iPod Touch™

iPod Touch™ Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yes this app is so awesome, however the price is high, but i still would say get it because it probably wont go down in price

------------------double post merged------------------
    UPDATE: Fixed Over View to "Over View".

Thank You, Guess I didn't check well enough

5. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

so wait... wifi is needed for writing a document????
    or what.. im kinda confused.

but good review! its making me want this
  6. iPod Touch™

iPod Touch™ Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    No, wifi is needed only to get files from your computer to your device, you can compose a document on the go anywhere.

thank, Hope you liked the Review.

Dan
  7. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Yea, as for the price it is a little high. I forgot to look, now I am not going to get it because I only have a certain amount of money and it is for my PS3 I want to get

8. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

AWESOME!
    damn i really want this now.

really good review
  9. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I need it. I want it. But at $19.99 I'm not sure...

nvm. I got it

---

With regard to the review, your best yet. However I feel that as it is your review you should not really be quoting anything else, but if you must then you must. It would be much better if you could write that opening description yourself but I'm sure that will come with time and a little more practice. Great job on this one

10. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Yea, I want it, but I don't need it that bad lol.