QuickGold crashed my 3.0 Firmware

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ThePickler, Jun 20, 2009.

1. ThePickler

ThePickler Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I updated to 3.0 firmware today. Everything was working perfectly until I installed the QuickGold mod. After I installed it and restarted Springboard my iPod touch 2G went into SafeMode displaying the "Sad iPhone" screen.

I'm thought I could fix it if I SSH into my iPod and manually delete the software. I can still SSH into it at least.

I first copied to my laptop and then deleted the QGSettings.app from my iPod.

No luck.

Am I deleting the right files or is there something I should be doing instead? I'd really rather not have to redo this whole process again.

Thank you!
  2. jrr811

jrr811 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    why the hell do you need quickgold? thats what they implemented spotlight for!
  3. pieman

pieman Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ^ my thoughts exactly
  4. bigcj55

bigcj55 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Wow, thats dumber than hiding all apps on your springboard.:/
  5. Octizzle

Octizzle Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    bet someone else on 3.0 is gonna download clippy beta and start complaining about that too
  6. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Actually, Spotlight doesn't search hidden apps. So QuickGold could be useful. But it doesn't matter, because it hasn't been updated to work on 3.0.
  7. randy3k

randy3k New Member

spotlight cant search hidden apps, but quickgold does. That's the only reason i could think of.
  8. pieman

pieman Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    oh and if it goes into safe mode then just go into cydia and uninstall the app that caused the problem...dont just erase files that could force u to have to restore.
  9. ThePickler

ThePickler Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    As it was already mentioned, Spotlight does not find hidden apps. I hide many of my apps that I almost never use simply because I don't want to bother with organizing them.

In the end I was able to get it into a functional Safe Mode just now and removed QuickGold from Cydia. Problem solved.

Though I would recommend against using this program until its updated for 3.0 Firmware.
  10. pieman

pieman Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i really doubt that it will get updated, what is more likely to happen is that someone will make a tweak for spotlight that will allow you to see and access your hidden apps