QuickFreedom Stuck at Creating Custom Firmware

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by gamesguru, Apr 6, 2009.

1. gamesguru

gamesguru New Member

I've given QuickFreedom about 30 mins to create my custom firmware, but no progress is made. I'm sure libusb is installed correctly and I have the correct firmware (2.2.1) downloaded, but QuickFreedom refuses to create my custom firmware. It gets stuck at this screen:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks.
  2. devildreams54

devildreams54 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Maybe You computer is slow or laggy i duno or maybe are you doing stuff like playing games or on the web while doing it if soo just leave and wait for it....
  3. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You need to make sure EVERYTHING to do with iPods and Apple is closed. Do this in the taskbar and end every process related to them.
  4. yasha613

yasha613 New Member

This is a bug, my advise is to just do the manual untethered jailbreak as is stickied in this section of the forum unless a newer version is released in the meanwhile. I had the same issue for my stock 2nd gen in XP /wSP3.

And if you could contact/forward the logfiles to "dancool999" before you uninstall it we could get a fixed version faster. I'm guilty of this myself, which is why I state this. I toasted it and moved on rather than forwarding the info.

It will work fine later once you jailbreak it for just making NOR images to change the logos, as it will detect the ipod touch as already jailbroken and make the image accordingly.

5. airtempo

airtempo New Member

I had the exact same problem, and I found a custom firmware in one of many Youtube videos, I downloaded and at the time you Shift and click when you have to restore you just put that firmware and that's it.