QuickFreedom for Mac Users (Still needs Windows, but works). INCLUDES BOOT LOGOS!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by BSKSurfer, Mar 11, 2009.

1. BSKSurfer

BSKSurfer New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, so here's how I finally got my IPT2G to Jailbreak. After working through the Mac tutorials, I got stuck and frustrated. Hence I would like to confirm that using QuickFreedom will allow you to sync with a Mac. Here's How...

1) Find a Windows Machine (another computer, BootCamp, VMWare, Parallels, etc.). Install QuickFreedom. http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155875

2) Follow the instructions including installing LibUSB and downloading the firmware if you haven't already.

3) When it gets to the point of asking you to connect your IPT2G to iTunes, STOP!

4) Unplug your IPT2G (should have a white screen) and copy the custom firmware from the Windows Desktop to a flash drive or other storage medium.

5) Copy the Custom Firmware to your Mac desktop and plug in your IPT2G.

6) Option-Click "Restore" in iTunes and select the Custom Firmware on your desktop.

7) Wait... A lot... When it is done restoring the firmware and your backup (normal apps, music etc...) it will be fully working!

Enjoy,

BSKSurfer
  2. iEvann

iEvann Banned

Oh geez, thanks! This will help a lot of people who are on Macs when they need to go find a Windows PC!

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
  4. BSKSurfer

BSKSurfer New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I didn't claim it was Mac only, I know I personally run Parallels/Bootcamp and I bet a lot of other people do too. Just confirming that it works...
  5. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Nice work, regardless
  6. awesome761

awesome761 Banned

On Crossover i try to open the .exe but it just closes!

7. Jaikob

Jaikob New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    This topic made me chuckle.
  8. flyinsqrl

flyinsqrl New Member

do i have to do the pre jailbreak profess or can i do that on my own with 2g boot loader then flash the firmware? Thanks again! i'll report back if it works well and can i put on a custom boot logo, are there any cons?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok, here is what i did, i used windows to make the firmware, then used 2g boot loader step one and two then flashed firmware with itunes and i'm done

9. azrocks

azrocks New Member

Can anyoneconfirm that this works??
  10. littlebatwing

littlebatwing New Member

I am just curious,
    what's the different between doing half with windows half with mac and actually doing all in windows? If you can install QuickFreedom in a windows machine, I assume you can install iTunes in there as well? Then isn't it easier to just do everything in the window machine and sync back your stuff with your mac?

Just wondering.