Quick thought

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tc3jg, Apr 14, 2008.

1. tc3jg

tc3jg New Member

Hello,
    I was thinking today the differences between the ipod touch and iphone (do not say o wow there are a million threads like this) I haven't found any not even with the new "here are the similar threads we found" Feature that just popped up. Now my question is this after comparing some of the features of the ipod touch and the iphone i began to find the obvious but maybe not the most pressing thing.
    Ok the touch has more memory than the iphones do (comparing the largest of both)

Now what would stop a person from purchasing the iphone rather than the ipod touch rather than the memory issue?
    Now is it possible to purchase the iphone and not use it as a phone but just as your ipod/touch? the reason i am asking is because when deducing the items the touch doesnt have that the iphone does the list is sort of important.
    iphone has
    Bluetooth
    camera (not so important) but there regardless
    external speakers
    a matte back finish (instead of that stupid shiny one that gets messed up unless you have a clear film
    since in this day and age blue tooth is increasingly popular wouldn't it make sense
    to skip the extra 16gb? don't get me wrong i would use every bit of the 16gb if i had it but doesn't the benefit of future blue tooth capabilities out shine it?
    I had purchased a 32 gb ipod touch but i took it back because i had a feeling something even better will be out by the summer, now im considering purchasing the "new" "updated" iphone when it comes out instead of the ipod touch that will be released with it
    not to mention the fact that the update to the new 2.0 firmware will be free for iphone users
    so that being an added bonus what do you all think?

All of the above statements will be pointless if you can not use the iphone with out a contract. if so let me know and a mod can delete the thread. i like sprint and would never go to at and t. but thanks any way and let me know.
  2. tc3jg

tc3jg New Member

interesting no replies yet. no one has any thoughts?