Quick service question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Killa-X, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Killa-X

Killa-X Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I thought i read long ago on the main page, that AT&T is or is going to, offer a 3G only plan for the iphone. Meaning you dont have to pay service for the phone.

What i want is a phone, with no phone. 3G only plan. I thought the iphone offered this, but AT&T site doesnt show it. Just the $15/month 200mB plan, but your forced to get a phone plan for another $40 a month. Is there ANY phones out there that offer JUST a 3G plan, or is it coming to the iphone sometime soon?

Thanks for your help guys!
    - Killa-X
  2. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Wouldn't work, because they'd lose money on the 3rd party texting/calling apps.
  3. Killa-X

Killa-X Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    They did have it on the front page in the past saying it would be $40 for limited, and about $60 for unlimited...They were going to start it next year...
  4. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Oh sweet <3

Makes more sense now that I think about it. But still, if that were to happen there'd be much more data traffic throughout the networks. At least that's my thinking.
  5. Killa-X

Killa-X Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Don't they already complain how slow it is due to all the people on it? But even iPad users will add a large chunk because that's a 3G / WiFi only. I'd get it, but its too big for my wants. I like the size of the touch since it fits in your pocket without knowing it's there, and I'm 100% fine with tue screen size. I type a lot of my forum replys on it, such as this one

Please Register or Log in to view images