Quick reply?

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by Flagpole, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Flagpole

Flagpole Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well with the way you have it set up right now, you have to click a button to quick reply which kind of defeats the purpose of even having once since you can just hit post reply just as easily. i'd suggest you make it so that you can type in the quick reply box without having to hit a button.

ill try and find out how to disable the button click at another vb site im an admin at.

EDIT: ok i found it.

go into the admin cp, go to the vbulletin options, select "message posting and edit options"

the first section should be about quick reply, select "Yes, Click Not Required' and hit save.
  2. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    this has been discussed in the past. there are people who use the forums in threaded mode, and the quick reply needs to have a specific post to reply to in order for threading to work correctly.

thanks for the suggestion though

Please Register or Log in to view images

. always looking to improve the forum.
  3. Flagpole

Flagpole Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    would there be any way to make it so that you can select whether or not to click to quick reply in the user cp? maybe an add on?
  4. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    no, because that would defeat the purpose of having it required. the whole point is so that the threading in threaded mode makes sense. it wouldn't make sense to allow people the option to turn it off, because in that case i might as well turn it off globally.