Quick recommendation...Capsule, InvisShield, or the Incase rubber case?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Fadakar, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Fadakar

Fadakar New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I'm getting my iPod touch soon and I'm trying to narrow it down so I can have the case as I buy my iPod. Thanks.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. dwonder3

dwonder3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I like the SwitchEasy Capsule by the looks and stuff that comes with it I'm getting it soon...
  3. saysay

saysay New Member

Depends what you want. If you don't like the feel of rubber, the capsule is a good one but to me the incase is perfect. It's so simple and form-fitting. It just looks so clean and seamless with the ipoT. The capsule does come with "accessories" but I'd rather have it protect better, look better, and be thinner than have some extra plastic to play with (the screen overlays are junk, nobody uses them because they don't actually stick to the screen).

If you want the IS, don't. Get the Bodyguardz instead. It's clearer, feels better, and gives better protection (thicker and also comes with 2 instead of that "lifetime warranty" which is more convenient).
  4. Fadakar

Fadakar New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Yeah, the thing is though I'm really anal when it comes to keeping my crap new looking. And I have friends who all have one of these cases. InvisShield guy isn't complaining, neither is Capsule(although I wouldn't mind thinner), but my friend with the Incase got dust or dirt or something under the rubber and it made it's way down under and scratched the crap out of the chrome backing of his iPod. Have you heard of or experienced this yourself? It's the one thing putting me off.
  5. brenner14

brenner14 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I had a clear plastic case and I didn't like it because it made the iPod too bulky and it just didn't seem to look good. I traded to the incase, and so far I'm very happy with it. It's more form fitting. I am also being sure to clean the dust from under the rubber regularly.
  6. saysay

saysay New Member

yeah, the scratching is a problem. I only have the iphone incase (had the iphone) and dust could get in and scratch the chrome borders but I don't know about the back of the itouch. I babied my iphone and dust didn't scratch it.

Some reported stretching after a few months from taking it on/off to clean it. I heard about a bad batch of silicone or something but didn't catch details although I'm pretty confident it won't stretch. I tried a lot of times and it's pretty durable.

The rubber is rigid and the design on the back makes it more structured (very form-fitting, ipod "condoms" don't compare). Think of it like a custom molded rubber shell. But if you really are anal about the back like me, I don't recommend it without the BSE/Bodyguardz first. After you get a film, you're going to want this after a while (it looks all nekid with just a film). It's the perfect combo.