quick questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shashanknegi, Apr 9, 2010.

1. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    quick questions

1. if my friends ipod breaks ( lets say ipod screen cracks but ipod still works ), will uninstalling blackra1n in the icon get rid of it so Apple can fix it without knowing of the jailbreak?

2. Wait so Dev team has a jailbreak for 4.0 , now does this mean GeoHot can release the jailbreak ( i can wait but I no others on this forum cant ). Does that mean the exploit has been saved or am i just misunderstanding the whole exploit save thing??

3. Is there an app on cydia that allows someone to turn an app invisible ( still on the homescreen ) but if you know where the app is you can still click on it and use it?? ( not poof )

Sorry if I misunderstand anything
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1. restore will get rid of all traces of jailbreaking, just set up as a new ipod. Apple won't replace the iPod for a broken screen I'm sorry to say.

2. We won't know the exact date the jailbreak tools are going to be released, and the jailbreak for 4.0 is only for the beta version.

3. Dunno if theres on, all there to hide is poof that i know of, you can always find it in spotlight
  3. Mooner93

Mooner93 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    1. If you restore your ipod it will take everything off thats the only way i know of to get rid of it all.
    2. They say the have sbsettings a jailbreak for 4.0 but geohot and chronic dev. have announced that they will release there jailbreaks at the end of the month and i believe they will hold true to that
    3. As for this question i have no clue.. Unless u custom create a theme to make the icon invisible or you can put it in the dock on which works great
  4. shashanknegi

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    wait do i have to register the ipod in order to restore because i jailbroke my friends ipod using my comp and they 1502 songs which i dont feel like downloading.

also does jailbreaking actually mess up the ipod in anyway, just wondering.
  5. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1. Dunno what you mean by register
    2. jailbreaking can only fail if you decide to do things that you don't know what your doing.
  6. shashanknegi

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i mean like put your credit card number and your info and give it a name.
  7. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you need a apple ID if that what you mean, you dont need to give it a credit card.
  8. shashanknegi

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    also i had blackra1n and had iblanks for my inav theme. i restored twice but then i noticed that i still had iblanks, how has this happened???

if i save shsh from my ipod 3.1.3 then can i downgrade anytime and then jailbreak if i update even if the version is lets say in the future 5.0 just for an example.
  9. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    iblanks uses safari bookmarks as the blank icons. You probally set it up from a backup right? If you did it restored the modded files too.