Quick questions before i take my ipod to the apple genius bar:

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by solidness, Jun 4, 2009.

1. solidness

solidness Banned

May 23, 2009
    This is the third time iv'e had problems with my ipod, so i would really like to get a new one.

Original Thread:

Just some other quick questions:

When i show them my ipod, and they see what wrong with it, what will they do? (Problems listed in above thread)
    I am jailbroken which voids the warranty. But do they have a way to check that? (Is there any chance that they will send it in?)
    Do i need a receipt to show them?(Proof of purchase?)
    If i tell them all of the problems that i have been having, how do you think they will react? (Will they try fixing it themselves even after i tell them that iv'e had problems a lot lately and i would like a new one?)

Sorry for all of the questions guys, but im trying to get a new one. And im trying to make sure it will all go in smoothly.
  2. Tsukoi

Tsukoi New Member

May 29, 2009
    All I know, is that if you have JailBroken your iPod Touch, you need to Restore it.
    This will delete your Apps that you have downloaded Illegally, and also remove any signs of JailBroken Material.

If this does NOT Remove your Custom Boot Logo (If you have one) - I suggest changing it back to the Default Apple Logo, before taking it in, also.