Quick questions about the ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chipster, Mar 28, 2010.

1. chipster

chipster New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi guys, I got my ipt less than a week ago, and had some questions. I would appreciate if someone could answer them (BTW my ipt is jailbroken):

1) Is there any way to view pdfs on my ipt aside from opening them in safari? Is there an app or something which will let me do this?

2) Is it possible to use download links in the safari browser? What I mean is that if I go on a webpage with safari, and there is a file I want to download, can I save it somehwere to my ipt like a downloads folder or something? Because I went on the icall website from my ipt, and downloaded the app, but nothing happened. SO it downloaded to my ipt but I don't know where it is...

3) What is all this ssh or shsh stuff I am always hearing about. What does it do?

Thanks for all your help!
  2. Fike

Fike Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    1. Yes, there's an app somewhere that can do it. Not exactly sure what it's called though

2. http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13940 - this might answer that

3. SSH is used to browse the filesystem on your ipod. This means, that you can edit ANYTHING on your ipt.

Hope that helps!
    fikelfikel
  3. chipster

chipster New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ALright thanks I'll look for the PDF app.

I looked at the link you provided. Well I don't know where to find media>downloads and I don't know what a finder is. I did go on Cydia and I see that I have the Safari Download Plug-In installed. Any further help with this would be appreciated.

So how can I do this SSH thing on my iPod, it sure would be cool to do that. DO you know of any tutorials or anything I can use to point me in the right direction? Thanks!
  4. linkiboy

linkiboy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Instead of SSH, which is via wifi, use iphonebrowser via usb. Faster and not as battery-killing
  5. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
  6. chipster

chipster New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch

Thanks will definitely take time to look at those tuts. As for the safari-plugin for downloads, I went to install it from Cydia and it had a green checkmark beside it. Doesnt that mean I already have it installed, and if so, how can I use it/access the downloaded files. Thanks!!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    wow I am using iFile now, and everything works like a charm. I am using iphone explorer on my desktop alongside it. Amazing.

One more question, if I am viewing a pdf in safari, a native feature I believe, is there any way to save it? Thanks! I do know how to access my downloads now, and I did get pdfs to work, now if only I could get that.