Quick question!

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by mytouch386, Sep 27, 2010.

1. mytouch386

mytouch386 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    If there is one thing i hate most about iTunes it is this.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Why is it when say i move a movie out of my videos folder and then i plug my iPad in to sync a podcast it deletes it! Just because it can't find it is no reason to delete the movie off my iPad!

Is there a setting or something to change this it annoys the heck out of me! I just lost the movie avatar which was dificult to get on there because all the "Digital Copy" limitations!

Any help would be appreciated. Please don't call me a noob i never took the time to learn iTunes.
  2. rrroach

rrroach Well-Known Member

I don't think so. All you can do is reimport the file back into iTunes from your recycle bin.
    Why would you want it on your iPod but not in iTunes also?
  3. carlosmozas

carlosmozas New Member

I don't have and iPad (and i see it useless, but this other theme), but in iPod you can manage manually your music and videos, so iTunes won't delete anything from the iPod. Maybe there is such option with iPad
  4. mytouch386

mytouch386 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Yes that option exists but this will still happen for apps regardless of the option.

I do not use iTunes as my main music player because I am a pc. When I get my MacBook Pro this will no longer be an issue.
  5. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    It's called "sync" and as far as media goes that means; make sure all the stuff on there is exactly the same as on the pc (it won't copy stuff over unless you just got it off the iTunes store on your iPad), there is no work around unless you SSH it in and use a cydia app to watch it.