Quick Question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by foppinanrockin, Apr 3, 2010.

1. foppinanrockin

foppinanrockin Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well, to start off, i was one of those ipad skeptics, thinking i will never get one. But now that i've seen it in action, i really want one. the problem is, when the second gen comes out, i don't want to be left in the dust like i was with my first gen ipod touch. Do you think this will happen with the ipad? or do you think it will only be slight changes like the difference between the 2nd and 3rd gen ipod touch? and also, even if the 2nd gen has a whole bunch of differences, is the ipad worth it to you guys that have it?
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You probably won't see a new iPad for another year. That said, the second gen will likely be MUCH better (like iPhone EDGE -> iPhone 3G). Of course, that's what happens with everything. Now's a good time to buy an iPad; 6-9 months from now would be a good time to wait, if you have the patience.
  3. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I guess there's no real way to know for sure, but if I were you, I'd wait it out.
  4. m0in

m0in Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I would wait, Its gonna be HUGE!
  5. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    It's technology. The 2nd gen will always be better.
  6. iMan

iMan New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I wouldn't wait for it for that long if I was you. This thing is so cool you won't believe it. It is way better than I even could have hoped for. I think that the only time I will even use my laptop or desktop is if I wanted to print something or sync the iPad to the desktop.

I may even get back on my mac.com account because I don't want to use the other computers anymore and using the push pull it would sync everything for me with no issues.
  7. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    There is always going to be something new; that's technology. Just buy it, and enjoy it. You've got at least a year if you're worried about a 2G at which point you could sell your 1G for a fairly good price as long as you keep it in decent condition. Of course, that chunk of money plus the difference would buy you a 2G.
  8. foppinanrockin

foppinanrockin Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    ok thanks. between yours and the others comments i've decided i'm going to get it and enjoy it
    now to just decide how much space i want...
  9. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Go for 64GB
  10. foppinanrockin

foppinanrockin Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    too much money for me and i'll never use all that.

i'll probably get the 16 gb because my nano is 16gb and i still have 10 gigs left