quick question

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by berky93, Apr 26, 2009.

1. berky93

berky93 New Member

[you can probably skipto the end of the post if you want]

I noticed lately that my hard drive only had low free space. I checked a tiny app I have that tells me the 50 biggest files on my computer. It told me that the biggest non-system files on my computer were movies I have in itunes.

but this is where the problem lies. I have 2 itunes folders. one in [user]/music/itunes and one in [user]/downloads/itunes

I already used the consolidate option in itunes to copy all of my files from their respective folders into the tunes folder, but the problem is I dont know which one that is. I want to delete my unneeded media, but I dont want to delete my itunes media.

so basically I'm asking where the itunes folder is located: [user]/music or [user]/downloads? or maybe some other place?
  2. manutdfan539

manutdfan539 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Delete 1 song from one of the folders, go to iTunes, and play it. If it says it can't locate, that's the right directory. If not, it's the duplicate one.

P.S: Then restore the file from recycle bin.
  3. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Right click a song, then click "Show in Windows Explorer". Then just check the directory you're in, and delete the other one.