Quick question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by andreww, Mar 24, 2009.

1. andreww

andreww New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    After months of waiting, I've finally got my 2g iPod Touch jailbroken. So a couple of quick questions for the Pros here. Can I install anything on Cydia on my Touch, or are some apps for the iphone only? Also, can all these apps be uninstalled in the traditional manner, or do I need to uninstall through Cydia?

Finally, I used the method described here to jailbreak my touch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL90G6sCkzE

If I needed to restore my ipod, would I start from scratch, or would I simply boot in DFU mode and option/restore in iTunes (pointing to the proper .ispw file of course) ?

Thanks in advance!
  2. There are some iphone apps only, such as cycorder (video recorder). Reading the info about the app will make it pretty obvious whether it's iphone specific anyway but i've never tried installing them, odds are it just do nothing

Please Register or Log in to view images

To uninstall a package, you will have to go back to cydia and locate the package you want to uninstall (easy way is go to manage at the bottom and then to packages where it shows you all the ones you've uninstalled). Click on the package and instead of saying install in the top right it will say modify, click on this and reinstall/remove here

Hold down on the app and clicking x will not work (because no x comes up and sometimes what you install aren't apps themselves).

If you want to restore your ipod back to factory settings, you should put it back into DFU mode and shift+restore and click on the normal 2.2.1 firmware (just pressing restore doesn't work for me so i'm assuming it's not just me

)

Hope that's helped ^_^
  3. andreww

andreww New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, helped a lot. When asking about the restore, I meant restoring it to its jailbroken state. Do I need to do all the Terminal work again, or could I just select the jailbroken Firmware from iTunes?
  4. RazorLeafs

RazorLeafs New Member

you just have to boot it so no terminal work