Quick question, SHSH blobs, etc

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by latner, Apr 4, 2010.

1. latner

latner New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Alright, Ive done a little research but am still wondering this. With SHSH blobs, is a blob from 3.1.2 different from 3.1.3? Is it dependent on serial number? Is it dependent on ECID? Why couldnt we come up with a generator of sorts to figure out what your blob for a lower firmware would be?(that is, if it is dependent on the serial or ECID somehow)
    Just a thought
  2. ownerofspam

ownerofspam Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'll answer this in stages haha.

The SHSH is dependant on the Firmware and your ECID for your device. So for every firmware, your specific device gets a one of a kind code that only works for it. When apple stops signing it, you can no longer restore because they don't send you a SHSH anymore for that firmware.

Nobody has been able to decompile the SHSH's in a manner that we can create our own. The code is seemingly random for every ECID and we don't understand how it works.

Believe me, if we could figure it out, we would have long ago haha.
  3. latner

latner New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    well i knew about the signing and such, it just made sense with all the serial number generators there are out there for pirated software, I thought i may have been on to something, I tend to think outside the box in general, but being limited in jailbreaking knowledge, I had an old 1G way back when 2.0 was a big deal
  4. Fieryfear

Fieryfear New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2090243#post2090243
    Check this m8... maybe it can help.. as i was lucky to make my 3.1.3 recognized by tinytss and itunes as 3.1.2..