quick question on jailbreak.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by johnt2, Jan 16, 2009.

1. johnt2

johnt2 New Member

Before i go on i would like to say this is my first jailbreak ( when its out ) and have a couple of questions.

I want to know what is illegal and what is not. I know that cracked apps are and free paid apps are illegal and i certainly will not get any, but what im wondering is, are there more illegal things i should stay away from? like maybe customization or w.e i just don't want to get into a sh*t load of trouble. just please tell me what else i should watch out for because once i jailbreak it ima go nuts and get a bunch of things that seem cool like gba emulator.. Please don't flame.
  2. robby10ant

robby10ant New Member

not to flame... but who really cares? yes its illegal, but the chances of getting caught are like 1 in a billion... if a police officer saw u with ur ipod, and even looked at it on the street, do u think they would know wether ur ipod touch is jailbroken or not? hell no, the probly have never heard of it
  3. johnt2

johnt2 New Member

Yes, i know chances of being caught are slim to none but i really do wanna stay on the safe side and also not pay for my apps. just if anyone can is there anything illegal other than free paid apps and cracked apps?
  4. robby10ant

robby10ant New Member

yea, its definantly illegal to have emulators... i would say mostly any app at all that isnt through the app store is most likely illegal... just dont worry about it i would say
  5. johnt2

johnt2 New Member

Ill probably get a couple i guess like emulators but not enough for anyone to notice.. You guys thing maybe 5 cracked/free paid apps is enough?
  6. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    The emulator itself isn't illegal, it's the ROMs and the bios files.
  7. Quikshotz

Quikshotz New Member

I agree.
  8. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Jailbreaking, while a violation of the EULA (basically a non-aggresional contract that you accept when you use iTunes or buy an iPod saying that you accept that you will not modify the hard or software, but it's not a legal document), is in no way illegal. The ONLY illegal things you can do with the iPod touch are use cracked apps, distribute cracked apps, and use BIOS files and ROM files for emulators (However this could be debated as the thing in the world you would most likely be able to get away with, besides crossing private property lines)
  9. robby10ant

robby10ant New Member

im not gonna tell u to go do it... but look at all the people who are anticipating this jailbreak, thousands of people are waiting everyday, and do u think that apple will hunt down all of these people? no of course not, chances are they arent gonna go after any of these people....
  10. matt1308-

matt1308- Banned

Jailbreaking is NOT illegal though as Gitykins said it does breach the EULA agreement which in turn, voids the warranty.

Customisation is NOT illegal.

Emulatorsare NOT illegal, though ROM's (games) for them ARE.

Cracked apps (applications you did not pay for or download through the iTunes App Store) ARE illegal.

No applications from Cydia or Installer are illegal, unless they are a cracked application from certain other sources, no applications from BigBoss are illegal at least.

any other questions, pm me.