Quick question before I update iTunes.

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by neko3343, Oct 14, 2010.

1. neko3343

neko3343 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I want to upgrde to iTunes 10. The only reason I haven't yet us because I need administrator permission to do so, and I've been too lazy to go ask my dad.

But anyways. I have 979 songs, 38 apps (not really sure whether that's important or not...). If I sync all of my music to my Nano (which I can easily copy it all off of), and all of my apps to my Touch (which I can get back via "transfer purchases from Paige's iPod"), then get rid of all of my music files includijg the iTunes folder, THEN install iTunes 10, I can still get all of my stuff back the way I think I can, right?

I have like 4 copies of all 979 of those songs; its probably what's been slowing my compiter down...
  2. SuperMario

SuperMario Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    You can upgrade iTunes without deleting your media.
  3. xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx

xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    yes, you dont even need to sync it to your ipod(s), an upgrade means its just upgrading the stuff, once you have finished upgrading, your library will be EXACTLY the same

Please Register or Log in to view images

(the GUI may be different :/ )
  4. ShinyPants

ShinyPants New Member

But, to answer your question, providing you sync everything to your Nano, you can easily enable disk mode and drag the iTunes_Control folder into iTunes.
  5. neko3343

neko3343 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Okay, thank you

Please Register or Log in to view images

And I am fully aware that updating it doesn't touch my media. I was just wondering if i could delete the files and put them back on, specifically everything in the iTunes folder.
  6. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

Itunes just keeps your media organized.
  7. iC57

iC57 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You wont loose anything. If you are not an administrator and would like to be i suggest doing a reformat (aka system recovery on my computer (not a system restore) This will delete everything on the PC allowing you to start from scratch, as an administrator (i had this problem with my parents)).

I hope this helps

PS: any purchased apps can be downloaded for free via the itunes app store