quick question about walmart mic hack, plz answer soon as possible

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by aasimbeck, Jan 12, 2008.

1. aasimbeck

aasimbeck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    sorry about the rush but i have my soldiering iron on and have a minijack, im wondering what type of mic do i need for the mic in jack ive tried several diffrent mics i had laying around but no luck if i put a wire from one ipod into the jack the music plays, so could i use this?

i have the music essentials kit frm verizon for my enV and the headset has a stereo minijack on it, this would be perfect to listen to music and talk with
  2. hockeycraze12000

hockeycraze12000 New Member

the mic that needs to be used is the Walmart iVoice III

the verizon headphones that u are talking about would probably not work
  3. aasimbeck

aasimbeck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    no i want to adapt it to support the audio out on the ivoice
  4. wildrice128

wildrice128 New Member

Could you explain your question more clearly? The iVoiceIII has an 1/8 inch jackfor line in, you can attach an external mic to use for your touch through that. You don't even need to do any soldering for the line in jack to work.
  5. aasimbeck

aasimbeck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i understand that but ive tried all my mics and none of them work, i have a Vcast music essentials kit and it has a mic on it and 2 headphones for stereo sound, it sounds really nice, better than the original headphones. i would like for this to work for me, it has a 2.5 mm jack on the end
    i would like to split this into 2 seperate lines one that goes to the mic jack on the ivoiceIII
    and one that goes into the headphone port, i do not want to destroy (cut the end off) the vcast headphones though
  6. wildrice128

wildrice128 New Member

Ok, i see what you're saying now.

Please Register or Log in to view images

From what i understand you're trying to use your verizon handsfree headset with the touch, right? I don't know of a mic with an adapter that will take a headset type signal. I believe your two options are to either find a splitter at your local radioshack that will take your jack and split it into microphone and audio, or buy some bare 1/8" jack adapters and solder your own.