Quick question about the Remote App

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by benzin711, Jul 16, 2008.

1. benzin711

benzin711 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My ipod was not able to connect to my iTunes library, so I searched around and found that this thing called bonjour was needed. I actually have it and I still cant sync my library and ipod together. My question is, does my computer have to be connected to the internet via Wifi (cuz mine is hard lined) or does it not matter?
  2. sucram6791

sucram6791 New Member

it doesnt matter what connection. u just put the code in that it tells u and it should work
  3. benzin711

benzin711 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The code pops up but when the ipod is looking for the library, it syas " could not find library". I went on the apple site and didnt seem to be much help.
  4. apolloshepard

apolloshepard New Member

Wifi connection is required. Your iPod and whatever computer your iTunes library is on need to be on the same network too. Never heard of it needing "Bonjour" - whatever that is. Remote app isn't working for you basically because you don't have wireless, so hurry up and get it!

Please Register or Log in to view images

I don't have anything called Bonjour and my Remote app works fine (but I have wireless internet)
  5. freAK47

freAK47 New Member

i think this guy is on the same network by wire...it wouldn't make sense to connect his working-station by wifi if the network-router is right next to him...

the only thing that counts is that he's connected to the same network that his ipod is connected to - and he must be, because otherwise he couldn't enter the code in itunes under devices, right?

i think i have exactly the same problem and i am also connected to the network by wire.

i even managed to find my library once...but never again

6. pearl_burdis

pearl_burdis New Member

ive got the exact same problem, been pissing about with firewalls etc for hours now and still no joy
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok, if your having problems connecting your ipod to your itunes libary

its probably because you, like me, have your wifi connected to your ipod in a complicated style

, regardless this is how I sorted it out:

In network connections you'll probably have your local area connection and your wifi connection, disable your local area connection and bob's your uncle, worked straight away, as long as you've done everything else you've already read ie, libary sharing etc.

Hope this helps

Pearl