Quick Question about Microphone Adaptor!

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Tigercat212, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Tigercat212

Tigercat212 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have heard that this microphone from Target (http://tinyurl.com/9weshs) is compatible with the 2G Touch. But, when I plug my headphones into the adaptor and the adaptor into the headphone jack, is there any setting to keep the audio out from the speakers and not the headphones. For example, if I want to use the Ocarina app, I don't want the sound to come out of the headphones, but the speakers. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Tigercat212
  2. Avaj

Avaj New Member

Which one did you get? I went to Target yesterday and the guy acted like he didn't know what I was talking about.
  3. Tigercat212

Tigercat212 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Philips iPhone Microphone Adapter
  4. Avaj

Avaj New Member

I didn't see it, I probably have to check another Target
  5. aw2509

aw2509 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    some Targets have them some dont. From my experience anyway. You can do the thing on the Target website that checks by zipcode, and will tell you if they carry them or not.
  6. Tigercat212

Tigercat212 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Some more Questions

I am thinking of buying the iPhone Microphone Adaptor from Target. I have a few questions though.

1. This will work with Fring, right?
    2. Will this let me use apps such as the Ocarina app?
    3. What SIP service do you all use for Fring? I use Voipcheap but it says my calls are limited to 1 minute. Huh? What service do you use?
  7. xavitgn

xavitgn New Member

Questions 1 and 2 I don't know (see this post: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1106730#post1106730
    I have a nokia mic but don't work correctly with fring)

In Fring, I use VoipStunt. It works very well, and there's no limit (to phones). But I have seen some videos in youtube that they call to mobile phones, but I can't call to a mobile phone with fring...
  8. ipod_noobie

ipod_noobie New Member

I'm confused.

The Philips iPhone Microphone Adapter works how? You still plug in your "regular" headset that has a 3.5mm jack? There is barely any product info on the Target web site and it's not even listed on the Philips web site...

Please Register or Log in to view images

Whoever owns this thing - please elaborate how it is used?

Wouldn't this: Belkin - Headset Adapter for AppleĀ® iPhone be a cheaper solution?

But it only has 3 contacts instead of 4. Will this Belkin adapter work?

Any info would be appreciated.
  9. merlion2001

merlion2001 New Member

I got the Philips iPhone Microphone Adapter. This is how you connect it.

Touch -> Philips mic adapter (has built in mic) -> Regular 3.5mm jack earphones/headphones

I tested it and it works with Fring and Shazam. I don't think it is possible to use the speaker when this adapter is connected to Touch. (but I could be wrong. At least I have not figured how.)
  10. iPodiction

iPodiction New Member

Correct. That's not because of the way the Philips mic is made, but the way the iPod jack is made (wired). It's a physical disconnection of the speakers wiring.

For those who can't find one at their local Target, be patient. This is a new product and not all stores have them yet. The same product is also made for other phones/MP3 units so it's been tested and works well for the money.