Quick Question about Jailbreaking.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Byty, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Byty

Byty New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I was just wondering if when I do jailbreak my iPod Touch, will all of my apps, music, and videos be deleted?
  2. SpoonIsTooBig

SpoonIsTooBig Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It depends on how you jailbreak it.
  3. Byty

Byty New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Like what do you mean? I'm completely new to this whole jailbreaking process. What's the easiest way to jailbreak my iPod Touch 3.1.2. I want to be able to access Cydia and be able to transfer files to and from my ipod via my computer. I'm running Windows Vista.
  4. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Connect your ipod to your computer. Then open the internet and go to blackra1n.com. There you will find a picture. Underneath the picture, there will be an Apple logo and a Windows logo. Since you are on Vista, I assume you are using a PC. Click the windows logo, and a package should start downloading. When it's finished, open it. a little screen (more like a pop-up) should open up. Click the button in the middle that says, "make it ra1n" now just sit back and wait. When it says enjoy your jailbroken iPod/iPhone, unlock your iPod. There should be an app called blackra1n. Open it, and install cydia and, if you have an iPhone, blacksn0w. Once you do that, open iTunes. It should say "iTunes has detected an iPod in recovery mode". Click ok, then restore to back up. Once the restore is done, you are now jailbroken. Download stuff at your whim with cydia. Go crazy.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. clarts

clarts New Member

just clarification if my steps on jail breaking is correct..

1. downloaded blackra1n
    2. restored firmware to 3.1.2
    3. closed itunes
    4. make in rain!
    5. download cydia

did i miss something because in b-macs post "open itunes ' iTunes has detected an iPod in recovery mode". Click ok, then restore to back up ' "

i didnt restore mine after the pop up "enjoy your jailbroken iPod/iPhone".

would that restore the settings back and erase the blackra1n?

just confused lols. becaseu evrytime i turn off my ipod touch it goes back to recovery mode then i hav e to jailbrake again..

please educate me.. lols
  6. meat

meat New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You shouldnt have to restore, but when I was jailbreaking my friends ipod, I had to restore. So anything can honostly happen. I didnt, me friend did.
  7. atomicmufin

atomicmufin Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if you restore, it will wipe everything on your ipod.

so obviously dont do that.

unless youre using pwnagetool, which is for macs, one of which you dont have, then you shouldnt have to restore.

just use blackrain, and you wont have to restore.
  8. zecklo

zecklo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It depends wat firmware your operating on, if your with 3.1.2 then use blackra1n